Would it be possible?

prog19

Dec 26, 2011
Yes, there's a internal 4gb sd card class 4 inside every tablet of the xx24 series and yes it it replaceble. But be very carreful, and run antutu benchmark on the sd card that you want to put inside the kyros to see if the sd card has the at least the same write and read speed as the internal sd card.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
I tested with a 32gb and a 16gb on a 1024. Both worked, but I went with the 16 because it was the faster card.

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
Was there anything special you had to do to prepare these cards?

I ran the AnTuTu tests and internal read/write tests scored 61/58.

External 32gb read/write scores: 91/40.

So my current external card has a faster read score.

Sent from my Steev Alldro2 v1.3 MID7024

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
Also, just tried opening the case but am unable to. UGH..

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Finally got it open but couldn't get the memory out of the holder. Any ideas?

*EDIT*

Found this link which contains a document to show how the memory slot can be opened. Which it wasn't snowing currently otherwise, I'd be out to get a new SD card.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...recovery-recovery-image-mid-7-8-1024-a-4.html

Spook_Man, the metal thing on top of the internal sd card is soldered and keeps the sd card in place. When I replaced mine, I forced it/break it. I did not solder it back but still kept the metal and just put a tape on top of the metal. Hopefully it will stay in place.

merl

Feb 8, 2012
Nothing special to do to the new card, just insert and flash like normal.

I didn't have the same luck.

I changed the internal sdcard with 16GB card and reassembled everything, then it wouldn't boot up. It hung up at the Android logo.

I have tried reloading GingerLF version 1.5 a couple of times but then internal sdcard doesn't show. It just runs from the ex. sdcard.

Most things seem to work but it is low on memory.

Anyone have an ideas to get my int. sdcard working?

Last edited:

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
@merl, as Kairnage says, I would get another 4gb microsd card and flash your system with the 16gb card in your system. You could use Steev's Alldro2 CFW or even the Coby stock rom. Just putting in a blank card into the internal memory slot won't allow the system to work properly; there's missing files. Re-flashing will create the proper files/folder/partitions for the 16gb internal card.

merl

Feb 8, 2012
@merl, as Kairnage says, I would get another 4gb microsd card and flash your system with the 16gb card in your system. You could use Steev's Alldro2 CFW or even the Coby stock rom. Just putting in a blank card into the internal memory slot won't allow the system to work properly; there's missing files. Re-flashing will create the proper files/folder/partitions for the 16gb internal card.

I hear what you are saying, but that's what I have done several times now. I have reflashed using GingerLF, and a couple of other CFWs but still no.
I have tried new sdcards for the CFWs and int. Sdcard and I have tried putting the 4GB card back in. It seems I must have screwed something up.

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
@merl: Wow, sorry to hear that nothing is working for you. Is there anything I can try to help you with to get it working properly? Steps to complete the job, etc?

After waiting an hour and half for a DD raw copy within a Linux virtual machine to finish (which it never did), I just did the flash of the 32GB SanDisk which I bought from Walmart when I first got my 7024 (believe its a class 2); used Steev's Alldro 2 1.3 CFW (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...13-cfw-mid7024-based-alldro2-gingerbread.html). I was using this 32GB card as my extsd for the tablet. Tablet is now showing Nand memory at 27.8GB total space with 27.8GB available and 1.37GB internal available in internal storage.

Got a bit scared for a second after putting the tablet back together. Power up, Kyros logo would only be shown and side buttons would stay lit. Found that the tape which holds the metal memory connector down was loosing it's holding abilities; memory wasn't seated all the way down. I had to re-tape it and once the memory card was being held in place properly, it booted up, QUICK! 13 seconds from when the boot animation starts until I get to the unlock screen! As my previous post stated, the AnTuTu memory Read/Write scores were 61/58 with the stock 4gb SD card and 91/40 with the extsd card. Slower write, but significant higher read score and it does show in boot-up time.

Last edited:

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Merl, not sure if you have tried this. Get a magnifying glass and look carefully around the memory slot. If you used anythig metal to remove the tape you might have damaged a trace for the slot. Long shot but....

merl

Feb 8, 2012
@merl: Wow, sorry to hear that nothing is working for you. Is there anything I can try to help you with to get it working properly? Steps to complete the job, etc?

After waiting an hour and half for a DD raw copy within a Linux virtual machine to finish (which it never did), I just did the flash of the 32GB SanDisk which I bought from Walmart when I first got my 7024 (believe its a class 2); used Steev's Alldro 2 1.3 CFW (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...13-cfw-mid7024-based-alldro2-gingerbread.html). I was using this 32GB card as my extsd for the tablet. Tablet is now showing Nand memory at 27.8GB total space with 27.8GB available and 1.37GB internal available in internal storage.

Got a bit scared for a second after putting the tablet back together. Power up, Kyros logo would only be shown and side buttons would stay lit. Found that the tape which holds the metal memory connector down was loosing it's holding abilities; memory wasn't seated all the way down. I had to re-tape it and once the memory card was being held in place properly, it booted up, QUICK! 13 seconds from when the boot animation starts until I get to the unlock screen! As my previous post stated, the AnTuTu memory Read/Write scores were 61/58 with the stock 4gb SD card and 91/40 with the extsd card. Slower write, but significant higher read score and it does show in boot-up time.

Well, this is may latest attempt:
I downloaded Alldro2-1.3_7024.zip and extracted.
I opened the case, pulled the 16GB sdcard and formated it using HP USB Disk Formating Tool. Put back in the MID1024.
Formated the 32GB with the HP USB Disk Formating Tool, and then copied the Alldro2-1.3_7024 files to the 32GB sdcard.
Put the 32GB sdcard into the extrenal sd slot , held down the silver button while powering on until the blue text shows up.
It goes through the Update process and says it's initalizing the internal sdcard and show the capacity to be 32GB. It finishes installing the file and patches then powers off.
I pull the 32GB sdcard and power on the device. The Logo screen comes up and the system hangs.

merl

Feb 8, 2012
Well, this is may latest attempt:
I downloaded Alldro2-1.3_7024.zip and extracted.
I opened the case, pulled the 16GB sdcard and formated it using HP USB Disk Formating Tool. Put back in the MID1024.
Formated the 32GB with the HP USB Disk Formating Tool, and then copied the Alldro2-1.3_7024 files to the 32GB sdcard.
Put the 32GB sdcard into the extrenal sd slot , held down the silver button while powering on until the blue text shows up.
It goes through the Update process and says it's initalizing the internal sdcard and show the capacity to be 32GB. It finishes installing the file and patches then powers off.
I pull the 32GB sdcard and power on the device. The Logo screen comes up and the system hangs.

I put the 32GB sdcard back in and power on. Now I'm hung at the unlock screen.