Zenithink Zepad C91 Andoid 4.03 USB problems

OnMu

Feb 19, 2012
Hi.

I have a Zenithink Zepad C91 Andoid 4.03.
It will not communicate with my 2 laptops via USB.
When connected I get an error message.

My OS on the laptops are Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Can somebody help me please?:confused:

OnMu

Netherlands.

Last edited:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Guess he don't care now his is working eh? Makes you wonder why bother trying to help people when they can't even answer you. A thankyou every now and then from some people wouldn't go amiss.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

andyjwang

Apr 12, 2012
I installed the SwiFTP server on the C91 and FileZilla client on win 7. Communication is much easier this way. To be able to connect it via USB you need to turn on the debugging mode on the C91. Also the win 7 must install the driver for the C91. I have not tried installing the driver yet. But try the SwiFTP first.

Just tried the mini USB to my laptop win7. It works. You need to disconnect any other USB cables from the C91. Actually the only cable that should be connected to the C91 is the mini USB to full size USB.

Please make sure that you have installed the Google Android SDK Tools Manager so that ADB is working.

See below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF device

Last edited:

daveat4

May 2, 2012
Have the same problem,can anyone help
kr hein

This is a bit of a quagmire for what ought to be an easy task. I eventually tracked down the method on Zenithink's web site Zenithink look in FAQs
I've just tried it. When you connect and power up look for a USB icon on the bottom right open this to get status then turn USB on. I can't remember the exact sequence but there were about
3 selections needed all relatively obvious.

Finding the Google Android usb driver is even more of a challenge. I had to download the SDK package (which is enormous) I'm waiting until Friday when I should have a fast cable internet to complete this.
One of the folders that is created is called "Extras" (not sure when this gets made, I think maybe with Platform Tools) inside this is the USB driver. I cannot find an easy way to do this.

Good luck

Last edited:

dealmaster

May 10, 2012
Hi Onmu, how did you solve the problem on your Zenithink ZT-280 C91. Would you share with us ?

Onmu is not a very willing giver that cares about others, huh. Well, I bet you here's how he "solved" this problem, which I faced for 1 minute but quickly figured out myself on my ZT-280 C91 upgrade tablet:

-Symptom: When miniUSB(C91)-to-USB2.0(Win PC) cable is connected, Windows OS PC (Win 7 included) displays "device driver not installed..." error and C91 tablet folder is not visible.

-Solution: If you look back on C91 alert messages on the lower-right corner by swiping up the USB logo/icon in landscape mode, you'll find TWO following messages:

1) "USB debugging connected": To see this, you MUST make sure that "USB debugging" is checked (enabled) from Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging.

2) "USB connected - Select to copy files to/from your computer.": You need to scroll all the way down to find this message. Click on that message, then hit the "Turn on USB storage" button. It will take 3 ~ 5 seconds to see an "Autoplay" window pop up on your Windows PC, detecting a new USB drive (C91). Just select "Open folder to view files" to start
browsing the C91 folders. You can just go to Windows Explorer to find the Drive assigned for C91 root directory (drive name on mine reads "W6HD (D: )") AND the Drive assigned for SD Card ("Removable Disk (F: )" on mine) if you have one inserted into C91 SD slot. So, you can copy files to/from the C91 root directory OR SD Card inserted in C91 to your Windows PC easily!

Thus, you likely do NOT need to install a Android USB Driver on your Windows PC, separately, if you follow the steps above. Also, as someone else posted earlier, you want to make sure that NONE of the other 2 USB ports (microUSB, USB2.0) are connected to ANY other USB cable / devices when doing this. It's certain that these 3 USB ports (miniUSB, microUSB, USB2.0) will ONLY work 1 at a time, which makes practical sense given that your Windows PC will look very confusing IF you've got 2 USB storage devices connected and you're trying to figure out which Drive letter is for which USB port (NOTE: microUSB port is NOT for USB storage sticks - it's assigned ONLY for Ethernet, i.e. for use with the microUSB-to-Ethernet cable that comes in the C91 box).

Hope this helps everyone who's coming across this issue. My C91 is now working PERFECTLY with all ports, buttons, features, booting / power up & down, working properly. Enjoy! :)

Last edited: