1 BN account... on 2 nookcolor?

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
Hi! I just gave to my wife a nookcolor this Christmas, I'm really impressed with the device and decide to get one for me, I just won an ebay bid for a new one (223USD) now I'm waiting to receive it; I already registered the one for my wife with my BN account (that uses my gmail account)... wondering if when I get my nookcolor I can use my BN account? or if I'll need to open a new account... thanks in advance

Best regards
Josue

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Welcome to the NOOK section. :)

You will needed to create a new b&n account; adding a cc, as always, is optional.

majakat

Dec 29, 2010
Welcome to the NOOK section. :)

You will needed to create a new b&n account; adding a cc, as always, is optional.

Are you sure? I know I read somewhere a woman had 2, one for each child, both linked to the same acct...

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Are you sure? I know I read somewhere a woman had 2, one for each child, both linked to the same acct...

No I'm not 100% certain I'm correct. I based my answer on my account online tracks my (1) NC, and it doesn't look like it can track two at a time. But no, I'm not completely certain.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Source: B&N Community
From admin Kevin (first link):

Yes, you can sync more than one nook to the same account. (And, yes, eBooks may only be loaned one time.)

Thanks for the compliments, and the answer is yes, you can access one B&N account from multiple nooks and multiple eReader supported devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, PC, and Mac). Enjoy!

And so on ...

I stand corrected and apologize for not doing my research before answering a post.

rltipva

Dec 23, 2010
I currently have three NC's one one account. A few things to think about:

Pros: If you read the same type of books you only have to buy them once
If you have a magazine subscription everyone can read it

Cons: If one person archives something it gets archived on all of the NC's
If you read the same type of books and like to side load, you have to do it multiple times
If you want to use the social apps and post comments about a book you are reading (like on facebook for instance) the account that is linked to the B&N is the only account that you can make post on. So each NC Can Not have access to their own social apps or email.

We have not seen anything wrong with having the same account on our three nooks, if one of us downloads a free book or buys one and it was already done by someone else it will let us know, so we don't get charged.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

If you read the same type of books and like to side load, you have to do it multiple times
If you want to use the social apps and post comments about a book you are reading (like on facebook for instance) the account that is linked to the B&N is the only account that you can make post on. So each NC Can Not have access to their own social apps or email.

We have not seen anything wrong with having the same account on our three nooks, if one of us downloads a free book or buys one and it was already done by someone else it will let us know, so we don't get charged.

Sounds like the Three Musketeers, "All for one, and one for all!" when it comes to multiple Nooks on a single account but it's great to have that option.

....man, wish I had (3) NC's. :)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010

I forget...are any (or all) of your three rooted? I wonder--with a wide range of Android apps--whether some of the limitations you mentioned might be overcome.

-Matt

rltipva

Dec 23, 2010
One is rooted and the other two are old school (that is what my wife calls them) She is still not sure she wants to pull the trigger on the rooting hers yet, but she really enjoys playing angry birds on mine :/ I have not seen any lag in downloading any books from B&N. We downloaded the free book last night and some free textbooks (SAT prep test) from the B&N site and they showed up on all NC's at about the same time. So far so good.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Pleasepleaseplease--if this is doable--head down to B&N with one rooted and one old school, and tell me if you can access the 1-hour free read on any/either. I just posted a thread on it, noting that apparently rooting breaks the free read. :(

Or if you've already tried, please enlighten us!

-Matt

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks a lot for your help! I think the better option is to create an account for my wife, and add my account to my new NC ;) now my question is there is a procedure to unregister the NC of my wife and register it with the new account that I'll create for her....
Thanks!
Josue

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks a lot for your help! I think the better option is to create an account for my wife, and add my account to my new NC ;) now my question is there is a procedure to unregister the NC of my wife and register it with the new account that I'll create for her....
Thanks!
Josue

To unregister your NC will require a wipe of the device.

I take it your NC is not rooted so you most likely don't have anything to back up. If you have an inserted SD card, it won't be touched during the procedure and all purchased b&n material will remain on your account. (I'd remove my SD card just to be safe.)

Use the link below to "erase and de-register" your NC. Use method 2.
NookColor UnRooting - nookDevs