256MB of RAM?

momo0409

Jan 7, 2011
Hello,
I've just receive my flytouch 2 and I've installed task manager and it indicate me only 75Mb of free RAM.For 256MB it makes little!!!
Is it normal?
Thanks.

DominionZA

Dec 28, 2010
Hello,
I've just receive my flytouch 2 and I've installed task manager and it indicate me only 75Mb of free RAM.For 256MB it makes little!!!
Is it normal?
Thanks.

It will drop once you start installing apps :)
Install Taskiller (need to root first I think) and use it to keep freeing up memory. When my pad drops to around 40MB free it starts to get a little sluggish. I just tap the Taskiller widget on my home screen and all is good again. I average around 70MB free after a Taskiller tap.
To root your phone, install Universal Android. It will fail on the first attempt but succeeds on the second.

momo0409

Jan 7, 2011
Thank you but i already do that but i very suprise to have only 70 mB of free memory whereas it have 256MB.

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
You don't really need to worry, unlike a computer android just clears ram when it needs more. Windows doesn't. You shouldn't worry about ram unless it's becomming laggy even if the CPU's idling.

Hope this helps,
Richardo

rivisio

Jan 11, 2011
You only have 70mb avail because the OS itself uses memory to boot up and load the OS/graphics.
Like windows, you don't have access to your full 2GB, 4GB of memory on your computer.