7" Mid Screen goes blank and plays muic during loading

Maxithump

Nov 28, 2010
I am no longer able to access menu as screen goes blank during loading and then plays music. Cannot access menu and can only switch off. Any ideas please?

Last edited:

Maxithump

Nov 28, 2010
No. When it is turned on. This is all that happens. Cannot obtain menu or anything. I switch on and get android logo, then says Loading for about 10 secs, then screen goes blank and it plays reptitive music. All I can do then is leave it and it will eventually switch off or I can switch it off. I have contacted supplies and they are puzzled and I am waiting for a technician to contact me. We are very new to this and bought it as an early Xmas present for hubby but ..........

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2010
I have the same issue. I just bought a MID from Craigslist. I will never do that again! First it was the charger so I thought the problem was solved. No chance of that being just the issue. I charged it then I press the power button on it sounds like its vibrating. Then I see the little Android robot, and it says loading, then the screen goes blank and it sounds like a music tone, and then turns off. I am trying to figure out how to do a hard reset. I can't find any info on that quite yet though.

Maxithump

Nov 28, 2010
i have just received an email from supplier with updates that I have to decompress and put on a blank TF (what is a TF card?) then insert it into my tab while off and, apparantly it will solve the problem. This is beyond me as I need easy speak to understand these instructions

Jan 2, 2011
No. When it is turned on. This is all that happens. Cannot obtain menu or anything. I switch on and get android logo, then says Loading for about 10 secs, then screen goes blank and it plays reptitive music. All I can do then is leave it and it will eventually switch off or I can switch it off. I have contacted supplies and they are puzzled and I am waiting for a technician to contact me. We are very new to this and bought it as an early Xmas present for hubby but ..........

After some problems getting a wireless connection I decided to reset the tablet to the factory settings and since then have experienced the same problem you have with the screen going blank and music playing after the android opening sequence.
If you managed to fix the problem I would appreciate any advise you may have.

apad.king

Aug 20, 2010
i have just received an email from supplier with updates that I have to decompress and put on a blank TF (what is a TF card?) then insert it into my tab while off and, apparantly it will solve the problem. This is beyond me as I need easy speak to understand these instructions

A TF card is an SD card, either a Standard SD card or a Micro SD card. Not sure what difference that would make unless your tablet doesn't run with out an SD card. What model is it? Is there a small pin hole on side of pad anywhere. You could try inserting a paperclip to reset. Make sure it's not the microphone hole!

daveros

Jan 12, 2011

could you provide a link to file they gave you?

Botesand

Apr 19, 2011
[Hi - have you perhaps managed to get the software to load or any other way of re-setting the blamk screen?