7015 Reboot

mike_the_man

Feb 12, 2011
Hi guys,

Sorry, this is probably a pretty dumb question, but I'm trying to update my Kyros before I root it, but I can't get it to reboot. I hit the Power button, then select Power off, then press the Back (silver) button and the Power button at the same time. When I do this nothing happens. Am I missing something? I've held the buttons down for close to a minute and nothing ever happens.

My system info:

MID7015
2.1-update1
2.6.29 Root andriod 2.1
MID7015 1.6a_20101124-3

As I understand it, anything after 20101124 doesn't need the update. Does the -3 mean that I don't need the update? Also, I've got both the newest update and the older update downloaded. From what I understand, I should install the older download, correct?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help!

Mike

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
All you have to do is hit power off. Don't touch any of the buttons. Tap Power off and it will power off, and then turn it back on. Don't install the new update as it will make your tablet much harder to root.

mike_the_man

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

Assuming I want to install the older update, it sounds as though I need to get to the Recovery Console, correct? I guess this is what I was trying to do by pressing the power button and the silver back button together. But on my tablet it doesn't seem to do anything. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike