9742 Stock and Custom ROM

atria1971

Aug 28, 2013
with livesuite and cwm , i have not had a problem either way. I have tired both methods with no problem at all. of course the only problem is the wifi, in which i fould the website with all the wifi modules drivers and i tried to istall the files on the tablet with no luck at all. the thing that gets to me is the tablet works flawless with any of the roms , wether i use cwm or livesuiete i have not had issue at all. quick qestion are the wifi module drivers only in the libs folder like stated in the previous post or are the drivers also in the boot.img file or an other file because i have tried lots of differnt cominations of drivers in the libs folder and no luck. sorry about all the questions, i really should of known better not to at least do a cwm backup before playing around with the tablet. is there a total stock img file that i can at least put it into the closest factory state so I can try and send it back to coby, all the roms i have used so far either have superuser or google play store installed. i dont think they will replace it if he software has been touched.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Coby does not provide stock images for restoring devices. This is why making a dump before attempting to tweak the tablet is so important.

As to getting your tablets exchanged, talk to the place you bought them from. If you go through Coby, it's $15 per tablet to exchange.

atria1971

Aug 28, 2013
yes i guess i will be sending it for replacement , but i would like to at least put the closet rom to stock as posible can you tell me which one that would be.

atria1971

Aug 28, 2013
ok thanks, but one more thing before i give up i still havent restored completely with one of the dumps because i dont know how to use the adb way, i have been using cw, or livesuite, it says in your post to put the tablet in cwm recovery and mount the storage, data , cache. but do i stay in cwm when i open the adb.bat file or do i resart. I an alittle confused on that process i would like to try that method before sending it back. and where do the tgz files go. I wanna do a full dump restore who knows maybe i will get lucky. there are a few dump versions i can try , I also hava another coby 9742 here which i wanna get the dump file off of, can you explain the process to me.

I click on root_restore.bat screen pops up I choose root and then after it says dont dsconnect cable and then it says adb.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file

ok I figured it out , i did a system dump, so now how do I restore it , I want to try differet dumps.

Last edited by a moderator:

atria1971

Aug 28, 2013
where do i get these files to put in sd card install-boot.sh / install-bootloader.sh / install-system.sh

nuvi_g

Oct 5, 2013
I Have a coby kyros mid 9042 - i got it rooted and created my dump files successful - restarted the tablet and its stuck in android screen
i tried to upload recovery.img from my dump file via sd card on the recovery menu
(please note my computer will no longer find the tablet or let me access it through the computer)
it starts to install,and stops at e verification signature failed - how is this so if it is my own dump file - please help
what should i do please

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
9742 and 9042 aren't the same, how did you root your device?

cuamea

Oct 5, 2013
Hey guys, im new at this but I flashed my ck 9742 with livesuit, afther that the tablet got stuck on android logo, now i installed cwm, put the stock and custom zips in sd and installed them, but i had the same results got stuck on android logo and afther few minutes seems to be turned off

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hey guys, im new at this but I flashed my ck 9742 with livesuit, afther that the tablet got stuck on android logo, now i installed cwm, put the stock and custom zips in sd and installed them, but i had the same results got stuck on android logo and afther few minutes seems to be turned off

If you are new to this why did you use livesuit? we don't provide any support for livesuit.

cuamea

Oct 5, 2013
I thought it was easy xD but i made a huge noob mistake, i just want to know if there´s any way for me to recover my tablet, it is 9742-8 version, I flash a OndaVi40v3TNTv9 rom again with livesuit and it works but with no touchscreen, no wifi and no camera :S Did I complete lose my tablet??? im really desesperate :(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I thought it was easy xD but i made a huge noob mistake, i just want to know if there´s any way for me to recover my tablet, it is 9742-8 version, I flash a OndaVi40v3TNTv9 rom again with livesuit and it works but with no touchscreen, no wifi and no camera :S Did I complete lose my tablet??? im really desesperate :(

I don't know anything about that image nor do I know if your tablet can be fixed, you may have fried your touch screen, or if may just be lack of drivers, seeing you don't have a backup no way to tell but trial and error at this point.

nuvi_g

Oct 5, 2013
My Coby Kyros MID 9042 is still bricked - trying to install My Previously Tablet Made recovery.img through SD Card but all goes well till : E:signature Verification Failed - Using My Own Dump Previously Created yesterday and can be found here :http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...eneration-3-devices-part-ii-2.html#post296144
Do i have to change the file recovery to update or zip it in a file or what? please help
If no recovery menu brought up, it loads as fail as android screen and stays there

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
My Coby Kyros MID 9042 is still bricked - trying to install My Previously Tablet Made recovery.img through SD Card but all goes well till : E:signature Verification Failed - Using My Own Dump Previously Created yesterday and can be found here :http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...eneration-3-devices-part-ii-2.html#post296144
Do i have to change the file recovery to update or zip it in a file or what? please help
If no recovery menu brought up, it loads as fail as android screen and stays there
This thread is for 9742 not 9042 again they are different tablets, start your own thread for 9042.