Accidentally adjust brightness - now cant see anything!

griff1980

Mar 10, 2013
Hi - i have a versus 8 touchtab.

I have accidentally adjusted brightness so its pitch black.

Tried resetting - turning back on off again.... No use!!

Does anyone know how to factory reset it without unlocking it!!!

Hope someone knows - otherwise waiting for versus to open up at 9am tomorrow

Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Many, not all, tablets can be reset by holding vol + and the power button at the same time. If you can see anything while holding that you may be getting somewhere. Start with the tablet off, which may be hard under the circumstances. If you have an HDMI port you could see if it will display on a TV. Just for grins have you tried just holding down the power button to see what happens if it restarts?

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
It amazes me that manufacturers don't prevent you from disabling your tablet that way. Fooling around with one of my tablets, one day, I nearly did the same thing.

Jim

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The last time this happened to someone, they said looking at the screen from an extreme angle they were able to see enough to reset it. Worth a look?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
When my note got totally black but I could see the phone war working, I thought that the arrow which adjust the brightness got stuck or something. But it was the amoled screen that was broken.If you every dropped your Tablet even if it wasn't right before your screen got black, you might have damaged your LCD and it will come to haunt you later on! :)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You can also try shining a flashlight on it in a dark room to see if you see anything on the screen.