Adding movies to Cruz Tablet

cpt.canuck

Feb 3, 2011
I just downloaded it to my computer then copied it over to my cruz. My movies still don't play for some reason.

Shoboy

May 27, 2011
Just got my r101 delivered from Woot. I've put movies on the internal 4gb and they play just fine. I've loaded some on various 16gb external sdhc cards and this is what you have to do: external is for STORAGE and not playing from directly, just copy/paste them to the internal 4gb when you want to watch a movie. It's a pain imho but that's how this thing is.

My r101 is NOT rooted and I use whatever player it came with.

I use DVDFab to rip/convert all my movies to mpeg4's. I use the built in ipod presets since up until now I've used my iphone for my mobile movie watching. With either the built in presets for ipod or iphone(not iphone4) the Cruz r101 plays them just fine, no problems with video or audio.

Shoboy

May 27, 2011
My mistake....all my movies play fine directly off the external SDHC card.

Just got my r101 delivered from Woot. I've put movies on the internal 4gb and they play just fine. I've loaded some on various 16gb external sdhc cards and this is what you have to do: external is for STORAGE and not playing from directly, just copy/paste them to the internal 4gb when you want to watch a movie. It's a pain imho but that's how this thing is.

My r101 is NOT rooted and I use whatever player it came with.

I use DVDFab to rip/convert all my movies to mpeg4's. I use the built in ipod presets since up until now I've used my iphone for my mobile movie watching. With either the built in presets for ipod or iphone(not iphone4) the Cruz r101 plays them just fine, no problems with video or audio.

paulmicro

May 26, 2011
If you encode at 128 kbps for video and sound, it should work, I only use 20 fps, the picture is pretty decent. Is it like my laptiop? No, but it is pretty good. I have had the same issue with no picture when I use too high a video bitrate, or try to encode an XVid. I agree with the other posters, there are so many combos that may work. I personally have been able to use .mp4 and 3gp formats (transferred some old files from my phone).