ADVICE - Tablet JUST for Skype

Jan 20, 2012
Hello everyone!

So here is my dilemma: I need a (cheap) tablet that does nothing but running Skype with videocalls. It has to have 3G though as it will be the gateway itself (no internet connection).

Any suggestion?

Please avoid telling me "buy an old 3G iPad" as I don't want to spend my money in such a thing AND I need to customise it a little for making it usable by an old person (i.e. no background, no icons, no menus, just one app on the screen, two keys away from a VoIP call, that's it).

Thank you. :D

-Marco

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi, just check the supporting vendors listed on this forum & then try their websites. There will be plenty cheap enough ,& good enough for your needs.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hello everyone!

So here is my dilemma: I need a (cheap) tablet that does nothing but running Skype with videocalls. It has to have 3G though as it will be the gateway itself (no internet connection).

Any suggestion?

Please avoid telling me "buy an old 3G iPad" as I don't want to spend my money in such a thing AND I need to customise it a little for making it usable by an old person (i.e. no background, no icons, no menus, just one app on the screen, two keys away from a VoIP call, that's it).

Thank you. :D

-Marco

Hi Marco, You can have a look at the Ainol Novo 7 ELF and Zenithink C71, both of them are reputable tablets under $150 and can support external 3G. Good luck!

fostmike

Mar 30, 2012
Don't see the point, I would just get a smartphone, maybe with a larger screen. 4.3 inches upwards.