ADW Launcher EX - Help!

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
As the title implies, I need help figuring out how to set up the ADW Launcher Ex. I have it installed on my Kyros but the "default" setup is really plain and not worth a second look. I have seen what some of you guys have done with your homescreen and user interaction and I would like to do the same.

I'm totally new to Android OS, having only used Apple for the last several years, so I'm at a total loss in how to setup the launcher. I tried youtube and google for information or how-to's but I'm only getting reviews and demostration of what it can do once it's setup.

Is there any noob guide for ADW Launcher?
Anything you guys can think of that would help me is greatly appreciated.
Joey

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Here is a brief guide:

From your home screen, press your menu button. Should bring up a choice of ADW.Settings, click that

Screen Preferences is where you set number of rows and columns, hide or show status bar, set scrolling a couple of other things
Drawer Settings is where you control the app drawer settings like rows and columns

the other one to check out here is the Themes preferences, which is where you can find pre-configured themes to start from including backgrounds and icon sets. Some are even free.

Beyond that you are on your own! good luck, ;-)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If you recall where you saw the cool setup, you can ask for a config file to load

mdparent

Jan 4, 2011
I have been using adw for a long time now, and still finding new features everyday....