Ainol Novo 7 Paladin vs Ainol Novo 7 Advanced

federer38

Dec 25, 2011

Hi please tell me which one should I purchase between Paladin and Advanced ? Which one is better Thanks in advance
icon_smile.gif

soapdude

Sep 11, 2011
I'm wondering the same thing.. From what I can tell the Paladin doesn't have any hard buttons. Can anyone verify this?

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Here is a photo that shows four edge switches. How they are configured is up fr grabs.

Regards - John

Attachments

• $MERI0734-2.jpg
    $MERI0734-2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 19,538

1148Post

Nov 22, 2011

Hi please tell me which one should I purchase between Paladin and Advanced ? Which one is better Thanks in advance
icon_smile.gif

the Paladin is the same of Basic but Basic have 2 camera

Buy Ainol Novo7 - First Android Ice Cream Sandwich Tablet
Ainol Novo7 Paladin - 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet Only $89

The Advanced (first)
Ainol NOVO 7 Advanced Android 2.3 Dual 1080p Camera Tablet PC 7" Capacitive Screen 8GB 1.5GHz CPU HDMI

In january 2012, 3 other Novo7
NOVO7 Aurora, NOVO7 Wizard et NOVO7 Advanced II

The Basic (or Paladin) and the Avanced (first): 2 different processors

onsenmark

Dec 27, 2011
Ainol Novo7 Paladin - 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet Only $89
Shows in stock. When I ordered my novo7 basic it was 3 days processing. Not the 1-2 like it says.

Sent from my DROID3 using Android Tablet Forum

I'm definitely leaning towards the Paladin(I can live without HDMI, and I already have a digital camera or two), but with so many sellers, it's so hard to choose. You got yours from android-sale; are they a good site to buy from? According to web of trust, they have a good rep, but I'd want to hear from people who have actually ordered from them...

Dec 31, 2011
I have seen the Paladin at bestmid and android-sale and i was wondering if they are reliable sites? I know they sell this tablet at merimobiles and pandawill, but everywhere i look people talk about how bad their shipping and customer service is... so i dont think I'll be buying from them.(plus i dont wanna wait 30 day to get it)

Also at Bestmid, the specs for the paladin are VERY INCORRECT, so im questioning their reliablity as well. Lastly i was wondering if bestmid's 4-6 day shipping option is really worth the extra cash.

jamaljan

Oct 16, 2011
advance is out of stock everywhere and not coming back. now we've paladin and basic. which one to buy? if i'm not wrong paladin does not support flash? :S

UncleMike

Jan 27, 2012
I'm definitely leaning towards the Paladin(I can live without HDMI, and I already have a digital camera or two), but with so many sellers, it's so hard to choose. You got yours from android-sale; are they a good site to buy from? According to web of trust, they have a good rep, but I'd want to hear from people who have actually ordered from them...

I agree(d)......and went with the Paladin for similar reasons: how many damn cameras do you need in your pocket at once!?!? And, as for running HDMI.....IN OR OUT.....it ain't gonna happen (for me, anyway) on a SEVEN inch screen. Likewise on the 'remote'. That's like a remote on an ipod that you're ALSO carrying in your pocket. Hellohhhhhhhh!!! It's in your POCKET...........reach down and turn it ON, or whatever!!

I bought mine from Buy Chinese Mobile Phones, Android Tablet & Apple Ipad, Car DVD Player who seemed to do a pretty good job getting it drop-shipped to me from China in a week or two. $114, shipping included to my Niagara Falls, NY, shipping address.

UncleMike

Jan 27, 2012
P.S. The Buy Chinese Mobile Phones, Android Tablet & Apple Ipad, Car DVD Player referred to in my previous post is just the link/webpage title for MeriMobiles.
I found their communications sucks.......but, in the end, their delivery was not too bad, considering they seem to drop-ship all their orders from China. (i.e. you place your order with them.......they send it on to China.....and China ships direct to you by express airmail!) I think my order (for my Paladin) ended up taking about 20 days, which, considering it is/was also Chinese New Year when I placed my order, is not bad.) Go ahead and order from them; I don't think you'll be disappointed. (Just don't expect them to be too good at answering the phone.....or emails! :)

Mike

Tradecheckout

Dec 31, 2011
Yep the Novo Advanced is definitely discontinued.
The Elf is out though but it has a processing time of 3-5 days if you can wait. I just got ordered stock in this week at Tradecheckout.com

petesimon

Jan 29, 2012
The Paladin has a different processor type (MIPS) and some apps may not run or may behave weird. Android apps are supposed to run under any CPU type since the apps are some kind of magic Java but I don't really know for sure. So just put up another $30 for the Advanced II or ELF or other similar tablet like a Zenithink and Hyundai.

ALD3

Mar 10, 2012
Better stay away from the Paladin, I have one and the only reason I still have it is because I can only exchange it. Will not refund my money. Display gets white lines across it and continues till it is totally white and have to reset it. Not able to run alot of apps unless you root and use custom rom and magic code 1.3, then it will run a few more apps. Slow and hangs up from time to time, can only run flash 10.3. I have 3 tablets and have returned 4 others of all of them the Paladin was next to the worse tablet, Stay away from MIP processors like the plague.