Aishuo S2 - to buy or not to buy?

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
Last edited:

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
Something about firmware from Chinese forum (Babelfish translation..)

First, forgives my language, my France…
I had just bought AISHUO S2, I do not know me to be possible this firmware.
If is…
a.steroid publishes in 2011-12-15 16:12
back.gif

sorry, we do not have firmware for S2 right now. please wait.

Link to the forum °®Ë¶Æ½°å¹Ù·½ÂÛ̳,A815 A816 A820 A7 A7+ S1 S2 T7 T8 T9 Aishuo flash firmware BBS - Powered by Discuz!

Maybe update is really coming...

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Never sure about the wording we get when dealing with China, but this makes me think there is no solution. I was hoping they could fix it.

"Dear friend,

Really sorry to make you ship back the device, we have tried our best to solve your problem."

Mine is going back. :(

PS: MiXu. Even thou yours is out of warranty, I bet if you press them they will take it back. They know they have sold a lemon.

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
Well, shipping back would cost me so much that I don't bother..This tablet is so cheap that for me it works quite ok...And things tend to sort out in time.

Luckily I have one laptop and and one netbook in use, one EEEpc in reserve, one tower PC, two Android phones and one Nokia, tablet is just for fun, and this one fills that job at the moment.

New tablets comes to market all the time, in few months I'll buy one of the major brand's tablet anyway.

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Some continuing info regarding the S2.

Got my return info ..PLUS, McBub is going to give me a $15.00 credit to help offset return shipping cost. Pretty good PR. Dittos to McBub !

They said not to use DHL, UPS, TNT or FEDEX. I think there is a problem with customs. Anyway ..USPS works for them. That is fine, as I have used them to send another tablet back to China. The only real issue with using USPS is they do not offer any way to track ..all the way back to China. I was a bit nervous when I sent back the prior tab, thinking it could get lost. Guess I will be the same again.

I do hope some of the others here that have bought the S2 will fare better than MiXu and I have. If not ..maybe this will help.

Merry Christmas !

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
Yeah I'm quite pleased now with the tablet. Screen is fine, no weird colors anymore. Just shutdown the tablet normally, not with widgets and such.

Only the screen can fit almost no widgets. It can place 4 by 3 widgets right? That's too little... I hope ICS is coming.

mansbach

Dec 13, 2011
hello again

another question please

i tried to install zynga poker

in the market it say that i cant so i tried to install from the internet 2 version 1.6 and 2.2
both didnt work

i am still with the original software and prefer not to change

any suggestion?
thanks

ron

vandaloz

Dec 25, 2011
Ok, so easy mode to be in the Aishuo s2 ROOT:

1. Place the tablet in debug mode, connect the tablet to your PC and install the drivers. (Windows has to detect the tablet as samsung).

2. Once windows detects the tablet (with debug mode enabled on the tablet, enter the folder "Root software" and execute "run.bat".

3 Wait until the tablet is restarted and ready, we are ROOT.

Archives: www.megaupload.com/?d=YQ6GYQM0

PS: I will put a tutorial to make copies of our firmware android with our games, software, accounts and data in general (aishuo s2).

PS2: As I have spoken directly with the manufacturer, tell me that the tablet is new and that the firmware is for debug, there are small problems that are emerging with the screen and bluetooth. For me to say that is a great tablet, and time will tell.

Greetings. and excuse my English.

vandaloz

Dec 25, 2011
Ok, To Have complete and current market:

1 - First we need to be ROOT, follow the instructions from my previous post.

2 - Download this application and run on the tablet, put to the density to 160, check the option" Always in Set on Boot ", click Apply. Tablet alone restart Will With The new resolution.
File: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

3 - Download the new market, install and accept everything.

Ok We have the market Fully Compatible with our tablet and we can install what we want.

Now if we want we put the density / resolution as the factory We had (158).

PS: You have to Respect the order of installation of everything.

I hope comments, excuse my english and
regards.

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
You mention resolution below. I can't help but wonder if rooting might open the door to actually change some setting to bring back mine and MiXu's screen ..as I know the resolution has gone haywire.

Just a thought ..but weight in with a comment ..anyone ..if you like !

Ok, To Have complete and current market:

1 - First we need to be ROOT, follow the instructions from my previous post.

2 - Download this application and run on the tablet, put to the density to 160, check the option" Always in Set on Boot ", click Apply. Tablet alone restart Will With The new resolution.

3 - Download the new market, install and accept everything.

Ok We have the market Fully Compatible with our tablet and we can install what we want.

Now if we want we put the density / resolution as the factory We had (158).

PS: You have to Respect the order of installation of everything.

I hope comments, excuse my english and
regards.

vandaloz

Dec 25, 2011
You mention resolution below. I can't help but wonder if rooting might open the door to actually change some setting to bring back mine and MiXu's screen ..as I know the resolution has gone haywire.

Just a thought ..but weight in with a comment ..anyone ..if you like !

I think it really does not change the resolution of the device, but rather the size of the graphics and texts represent. This is for the 1024x768 model, which is mine. I do not know if the 800x600 model has the same problems with the market.

Now to me it all works perfect, except 2 things.
1, the screen also puts me in some early gray, and I think it is warming, that after a while it starts.

2 The bluetoot I work with my phone Galaxy S2, nor with my PC with Bluetooth 2.0, but with another with version 1.2, very strange.

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
I think it really does not change the resolution of the device, but rather the size of the graphics and texts represent. This is for the 1024x768 model, which is mine. I do not know if the 800x600 model has the same problems with the market.

Now to me it all works perfect, except 2 things.
1, the screen also puts me in some early gray, and I think it is warming, that after a while it starts.

2 The bluetoot I work with my phone Galaxy S2, nor with my PC with Bluetooth 2.0, but with another with version 1.2, very strange.

Hope yours stays right. Mine is also HD, and was acting very similar at the start and now it is all grey at boot, and messed up colors when fully on.
Here is an example.
$PC210743.JPG

vandaloz

Dec 25, 2011
Hope yours stays right. Mine is also HD, and was acting very similar at the start and now it is all grey at boot, and messed up colors when fully on.
Here is an example.
View attachment 5061

Ok, send complaints to their problems in this email:
([email protected]) to see if they solve it with another firmware. I already have done and asked to improve the firmware with the solutions, especially the problem of the screen. The more people the better. regards

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Ok, send complaints to their problems in this email:
([email protected]) to see if they solve it with another firmware. I already have done and asked to improve the firmware with the solutions, especially the problem of the screen. The more people the better. regards

I already have ...a number of times. I do not think there is a firmware update for now (may be in the future).

Apparently they realize there is a real issue ..as McBub offered me 15.00 to help defray the cost of sending it back.

Too late for me. It is going back in the mail tomorrow. I hate that too, as I really like the way this unit handles and feels. :(