Aishuo S2 - to buy or not to buy?

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
Dear Marius,

For this issue, I discuss with engineer. Yes, it is for 800*600 resolution. The S2 1024*768 firmware will be released after the Spring Festival.

So pls wait.

Kind regards,
Vince Sun

a.steroid

Jan 7, 2012
I hope they will release another firmware for the 800*600 because this last one is seriously buggy for camera (which don't work at all) and the bluetooth (wich stutter - not usable for AD2P)...
I'm little (very) disappointed by the china device...

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
I just received a very important e-mail. Mcbub recognizes the screen problem of the Aishuo S2

hello, dear Guy
this is Apple, the customer service representative of McBub.com from China.Here is a news about “Recalling the Defective Aishuo S2 tablet”.

First of all, thank you for your always focusing on Mcbub and your support to McBub. Without you, McBub can’t move rapidly with high spirits. We appreciate you for everything.

However, things not always go smoothly, some of you may not that lucky to have this Aishuo S2 working perfectly. From somecustomers’ playing experience, they finally found the screen issues. Just like one customer said as following:

“Machine works just fine in normal use, but if I had to reboot it for some reason, screen colors are greyish (as I've mentioned before). It had to be shut down, wait at least ten minutes before restart. Then everything is fine.”

we apologize for every inconvenient things or problems you met about this product. And we have been trying our best to solve the problems
Today, we get a inspiring news from the factory that the technicians have figured out the methods to settle screen issues. Great!

Considering from your side, we will take charge of both way shipping cost.So dear customer, if your Aishuo S2 has screen issues, don't hesitate to ship it back by Airmail to us, and the attachment is the shipping address.

Don’t forget to fill in the order number and other information in detail. Thank you!

Best wishes for you and your family!

Apple
Mcbub.com

There was also an attachment with the mail, you have to fill this in. --> View attachment $return address.doc

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
Well well, look at that! I believe customer who wrote that is me...I've mailed with Apple about 30 times.

How they are gonna pay sending...? Afterwards to senders account? I'm not sure send back or not, it takes easily few weeks there and back. Best option would be if they just send new motherboard to those who want to change it by themself.

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
I'm going to send it back. I hope I don't have to pay customs, last time I payed 33 euros. They marked the package with "digital photoframe" and a value of 35 usd. But I read on this site My goods were sent outside the EU to be repaired. Do I have to pay import duty and VAT when they are returned to me? - DutyCalculator Help Center

"No duty and VAT will be payable if the goods have been repaired free of charge and you can provide a copy of the guarantee/warranty agreement to your shipping provider for presentation to customs. However, VAT is payable on the full value of the goods because all replacement items are treated as new goods for VAT purposes. "

Teppei

Feb 17, 2012
Has anyone managed to get a replacement of Aishuo S2 from McBub?

My experience on this has been terrible.
Beside the screen issue, my tablet went dead after using it for a week. The screen simply freezes at the startup screen. The service side told me to send it back for replacement and I did so. It was sent back in December, however McBub claimed they did not receive the package. Finally, in the 2nd week of Jan, they replied saying they have received the package. Ever since, I have been writing to them chasing for the replacement. All of a sudden, they wrote to me in 1st week of Feb saying they actually made a mistake, they have actually not received my package. WTF??
As usual, they kept saying they have checked with China Post but did not find anything there. I was lucky to have a friend working in Shenzhen, who called up China Post, No surprise...the package was there since Dec 11, waiting for McBub to collect. After numerous emails, Mcbub finally collected it on 11 Feb 12.

At this point of time, I am still waiting for Mcbub to deliver the replacement to me. They have not been able to give me a definite answer as to when they will send out the replacement. I have lost patience in this. Considering to ask for a full refund instead.

mansbach

Dec 13, 2011
Hello to all
i have aisuo s2 that after about 1 month stop working at all
screen dead
i didnt buy from mcbub but direct from aliexpress shop
i have sent it back to aishuo in china (after talking to vince from aisuo by mails)
when they will return it to me i will sent massage how they fix it
the shipping cost from israel to china and back are on me because the aliexpress seller doesnt help
atlist mcbub is talking to you

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
Does someone have the Aishuo s2? I kept it, the resend costs were too high.

Any updates on the S2? Does someone have a custom rom on it?

I talked to Vince from aishuo, I asked if the aishuo s2 will have android 4.0.

Marius zegt:
ok
it will never get android 4.0 right?
vince zegt:
no, in future, we will release firmware with Android4.0.
at present we have two models with android 4.0
Marius zegt:
ah?
vince zegt:
now we are working hard for the trade fair on Apri12-15 in HK, not more time to make new firmware with android4.0 for old models
Marius zegt:
so never android 4.0 for the aishuo s2.
vince zegt:
no
vince zegt:
now no android4.0 for S2, in future it will be
Marius zegt:
ah
can you say it when this will be?
I mean when the firmware is there, can you send me email or something?

vince zegt:
i don't know the fixed time but our engineer are still working for this
if ready, i will send to u