Aishuo S2 - to buy or not to buy?

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
Ok, To Have complete and current market:

1 - First we need to be ROOT, follow the instructions from my previous post.

2 - Download this application and run on the tablet, put to the density to 160, check the option" Always in Set on Boot ", click Apply. Tablet alone restart Will With The new resolution.
File: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

3 - Download the new market, install and accept everything.
File: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Ok We have the market Fully Compatible with our tablet and we can install what we want.

Now if we want we put the density / resolution as the factory We had (158).

PS: You have to Respect the order of installation of everything.

I hope comments, excuse my english and
regards.

Hmm I already installed the new market app before you posted. Everything is available but some applications say: this app is not compatible with your T-Mobile Unknown Full Android on S5PV210. But I know the app is not compatible for android 2.1 and above. Has this to do with the internal sd card?

I want to install this app: http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q="dexia direct mobile" market&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmarket.android.com%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.mobile.dexia%26hl%3Dnl&ei=HWf5TpmKK9GN-waevbHBAQ&usg=AFQjCNHr4gvGKbh2NcvQNSIZ9wJV3kKsWg&cad=rja

Another question, is there a way to put a folder on the homescreen let's say "my documents" and put some word docs, excel files, pdf files in there? Create folder just makes a folder to put icons in...

Oh and about the te external sd card: weird things. When I connect the tablet on the pc via usb, the external sd card is not accessible. When you open sdcard/tflash on the computer It actually opens a folder on the internal drive.

I tested like this:

I connect the tablet on the pc via usb: I put a movie (Seven Pounds) in the sdcard/tflash folder, ok works. I tried to put another movie (the smurfs), pc says: full card? Huh? It's a 8 gb card!!

I close the usb connection. I open the tflash folder (with root explorer), the first movie (seven pounds) is there.

I remove the external sd card and I put it in a usb reader, plug it in my computer: Huh no Seven Pounds?? Ok I put the smurfs on it, the computer confirms there is enough space on it: (6,5 GB space available)

I plug the sd card in the tablet, tablet says; preparing tflash.

I go to sdcard/tflash via root explorer: no seven pounds but The smurfs are there. I searched for Seven Pounds (search function of root explorer), can't find it.

Ok then again, connect the tablet on the pc: seven pounds is again there, close usb connection. Seven pounds is in the sdcard/flash folder but no smurfs.

I remove the external flash card, directly re-insert it, 'preparing tflash comes up', smurfs is found, seven pounds is gone!

????????????????

Very frustrating!!! Soooo the best way is to put files on the external card with a usb reader, not by using an usb cable. But I don't understand WHY!? Where is seven pounds gone to when I insert the external card? It's not erased because it reappears when I connect the tablet on the pc!!

Last edited:

vandaloz

Dec 25, 2011
Hmm I already installed the new market app before you posted. Everything is available but some applications say: this app is not compatible with your T-Mobile Unknown Full Android on S5PV210. But I know the app is not compatible for android 2.1 and above. Has this to do with the internal sd card?

I want to install this app: http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q="dexia direct mobile" market&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmarket.android.com%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.mobile.dexia%26hl%3Dnl&ei=HWf5TpmKK9GN-waevbHBAQ&usg=AFQjCNHr4gvGKbh2NcvQNSIZ9wJV3kKsWg&cad=rja

Another question, is there a way to put a folder on the homescreen let's say "my documents" and put some word docs, excel files, pdf files in there? Create folder just makes a folder to put icons in...

ok,
1-Delete your gmail account on the tablet (@ gmail.com).

2 - settings / applications and delete select the market data (market not remove, delete data).

3 - adjusting the density of the screen to 160 (you have to be root) and with that configuration opens a new account in the merket.

comment. Greetings.

PS: not all applications are compatible with all devices.

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
Dear Marius,

Pls tell me the S2 camera pixel. Is it 1.3 or 2.0 mg pixels? I will send the firmware according to this.

Android 4.0 is not available for S2. The Tegra2 T9 and T7 will be installed android by 4.0.

I attached latest price list for reference.

Kind regards,

Vince Sun
SALES MANAGER

Shenzhen Benya Electronic Co., Ltd.
Suojia Industrial Zone,Xixiang Town, Baoan District, Shenzhen, China 518126
Te: +86 755 27346969
Fax:+86 755 27447781
Mobile: +86 15989543179
MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

We will attend Hongkong Electronics Fair on 12-15 April 2012. Welcome to visit us at booth 12S_8C06.

Date: 2011-12-31 14:42
To: [email protected]
Subject: aishuo S2 firmware

Hello,

I bought a Aishuo S2 a couple of weeks ago. I want to know if there is new firmware available or can I look for myself on a site? I heard Android 4.0 was going to available for the Aishuo s2?

Kind regards,

Marius Merchiers

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
Hello for a long time,

I see things are rolling forward, that's great.

Does anyone know which 3G dongle works with S2/Android? Option 225 does not...And what I understand, 3G routers (which converts 3G dongles to wlan) don't work with Android...Or does someone know better?

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
Hi Marius,

Here is the link: s2_831c_200w_all.20120103.zip

Click the 联通下载 or 电信下载 to download.

$aishuos2d.png

Detailed step of flashing tablet S2:

1.Copy the firmware to S2. (Note: Do not unzip/unrar the firmware)

2. Power off the tablet.

3. Goes into Flash Mode (see following picture)

$aishuos2a.jpg

until the android logo and triangle appears. As follows:

$aishuos2b.png

3.Long press the Power button, and at the same time quickly push the hole with a pin. Then choose apply update from /sdcard/. As follows. Then Long press Power button to confirm.

$aishuos2c.png

4. Choose internal_tfcard/. Long press power button to move forward.

5. Find and choose the firmware and long press power button to confirm.

6. S2 will start the update. Finally choose reboot system now. Long press power button to confirm

Note: Long press means press for 2-3 seconds. Long press Power button means confirmation; press the hole for one time can move cursorup and down.

Pls tell me if any problem.

Vince Sun

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
New firmware installed, first boot after that, screen even more messed up than ever... Now waiting for a while before powering again.

After updating rooting gone. I had lcd density forced to 160, don't know if that messed screen somehow...

EDIT:

That firmware is for 800x600 version, do not install if yours is 1024x768.

Please update for hi-res version also!

Last edited:

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
I will send an email to Aishuo again. Luckily I didn't update, the tablet is with my dad. How did you find out this is for the 800*600 version?

Do you have to do a backup before you do the update or will the apps you installed be saved?

Can you root again with the A816 method? Hope so.

Last edited:

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
I checked reso with Android info. Take Titanium backup of user apps before update, just to be safe. Allthough user apps were there after update.

Mine was rooted with A816 method, it works ok.

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
They answered me back again

Hello,

This firmware also works for S2 with 1024*768 resolution.

The firmware works just like a patch. You don't need to backup the apps you installed. Everything will be saved when you updated.

Regards,
Vince

I also asked what improvements the firmware update brings but he didn't answer it. So do you see any improvements MiXu? If it sets the tablet on a 800*600 instead of 1024*768 it's more a decline!

MiXu

Dec 2, 2011
If screen looks like this after update it's hard to believe everything is ok... IMHO no improvement :mad:

$20120105_115832.jpg$20120105_115848.jpg$20120105_120145.jpg$20120105_120315.jpg$20120105_120412.jpg

a.steroid

Jan 7, 2012
Hi all.
I have the 800*600 S2 version, and yes, this firmware is ok on this resolution...
I dont see any improvement for now, and the ad2p bluetooth stutter problem is not resolved...
Berserk, can u tell me your email contact at aishuo (I just wanna tell them this other big annoying problem...) ?
Thx to all :)

Berserk

Dec 18, 2011
This is his contact information

Vince Sun
SALES MANAGER

Shenzhen Benya Electronic Co., Ltd.
Suojia Industrial Zone,Xixiang Town, Baoan District, Shenzhen, China 518126
Te: +86 755 27346969
Fax:+86 755 27447781
Mobile: +86 15989543179
MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

I added him to my MSN list and I actually chat with him this morning. A friendly guy, you can ask him anything.

What he said was very funny :p I asked him about the grey screen/muddled colors problem and he said it couldn't be solved by firmware. He asked to send me the motherboard and he will send another. He said they made 50 samples or something and the last ones they checked were ok. Then he said that the shipping costs would be high. Indeed I said. Then he suggested to come to the Hong Kong Electronics Fair on april, they will repair it without costs on their stand. HAHAHAHA :eek: Yeah sure. HE was not kidding!
Ok I asked him several other things and he would ask the engineer.

Now I received this email

Hi Marius,

I will make a trial with S2 1024*768 version next week then give you an answer.

Other two problems:

1. Grey and white screen
To solver this problem, it needs to change the mother board. At present it is only method. Firmware update can not help.

2. For skype problem: [SUP][SUB](this is the "no full market problem" you get when trying to download some apps (for example Skype) on the market. Then you get this message "This app is incompatible with your T-Mobile Unknown Full Android on S5PV210.")[/SUB][/SUP]

Here is the solution. Firstly download the file from Frank.rar. Click the 联通下载 or 电信下载 (middle place of site) to download. Then follow the step.

1.Unrar/unzip attachment. Copy the files: adb, fastboot, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll into System32 folder in PC.

2. Use usb cable to connect S2 to PC.

3. Run the get_build_prop_from_mid file. Then revise the build.prop file and then push this file into system. Finally run the push_buildprop_to_mid file.

Nice to talk to you on MSN. Have a good weekend.

Kind regards,
Vince

I don't understand this. I don't have the tablet with me now, it's my dad's and is now whith him so I can't do it now.

a.steroid

Jan 7, 2012
Thx Berserk for the info.
I think he give you the sdk files and a bat for modify the system.build.prop...
Weird, I think u need the root access for modify this file...

I just found another big bug with this new firmware: my camera does not work anymore !!!
Can someone confirm this ?

PS: I begin to think that those china tablet are not soo clever... :S

aishuomid

Jan 9, 2012
Hello, I come from Aishuo. First time here.
1. S2 is a good tablet.
2. Bluetooth built in.
3. Plastic shell, not alu alloy one.
4. Same as 2.
5. Contact us at [email protected]. We will upload the firmware online for users to download. In future, we will post them on website.
7. No. Otherwise, S2 runs a little slow.

Here is some basic info about S2:

ChipSet: Samsung S5PV210(ARM CortexTM-A8/1.2G MHz/512KB L2 Cache)
RAM: 512M DDR2
Storage: 4GB Flash Internal,
External Storage: Removable MicroSD (up to 32GB)
Display: 8" TFT LCD(800*600)
Touch : 10 Point Touch Screen Control
WiFi : WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)&2.1bluetooth
G Sensor: G Sensor Internal
Camera: 2.0 MG Pixel
3D Graphic Engine: 3D Games Support(SGX540 OpenGL-ES 1.1 and 2.0 and OpenVG 1.0)
Media: 1080p MPEG-1/2/4/H.263/H.264/WMV9/Divx/Xvid Support
Video Out: HDMI 1.3M
Audio Port: Stereo Speaker/Microphone Internal
3.5mm Hi-Fi Headphones External Port
USB2.0 HOST: Mouse,Keyboard,U Disk,3G Net,RJ45 LAN, USB Support
USB2.0 OTG: Mini USB Port
Battery: 5000 mAh Li-Polymer Battery
Power: 3W, Working 5 Hours
Dimension: 190* 120.6 * 13.4 (L*W*H) mm
Weight: 0.39 kg
Light,compact and fashionable plastic case

mp3825

Jan 4, 2012
tried to install the firmware update but recieved an error during the update so it canceled it and re-booted. Has anyone else got this problem? if so how did you overcome it?