Alternative to app2sd >>>> link2sd

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
This is the command line after partitioning and rebooting. I understood that this line made the new partition recognized by the app link2sd aand that's what made it work.

Just checked out my print outs and that line is supposed to be:

Busybox mke2fs /dev/block/vold/179:18

From kev's step 2 -make the new partition an ext 2 file system.

Thanks to -tcaudill01 - for picking up that error. I will go back and fix it!!!! MY BAD!

If anyone used the wrong line and it still worked please let us know!
Sent from my S7

Last edited:

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
I am having an issue - I have made the partition, go to adb, issue the shell command and I get permission denied. I treble checked and the S7 is rooted and I can mount the SDcards R/W with rootexplorer. I try to use terminal emulator but get nowhere there either.

**edit**

Is there a reason not to format as ext2 in Easeus?

**edit**

Had to fight with the IME to allow me to stop auto capitalization, even though disabled. REALLY annoying.

Last edited:

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
@ottoDeFe
Read link in the above post. Link2sd for dummies. I used easeus as per kevmueller's write up. Worked great.

Sent from my S7

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
@buzzman - I was using that but ran into a roadblock - ADB wasn't cooperating and neither was Terminal Emulator (that turned out to be a soft keyboard issue - wrestled LatinIME to the ground) but I was able to format the partition and get Link2SD working great! I am wondering why LatinIME launched for the emulator when I have the Gingerbread keyboard set as default, but that's another issue.

Now to get the widget launcher thingy working...

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
@ottoDeFe- glad it worked out. Appwidgetpicker stumped me for 2days. GOOD LUCK with that! Lol. Works great on launcher pro.

Sent from my S7

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
just reflashed with the newest singapore rom, followed the dummies guide and no problems

Netcretin

Dec 14, 2010
Link2SD is the best app I could have ever installed on my rooted S7 (Best Buy stock rom) - so much so, I really don't care if 2.2+ ROMs ever gets created for the S7. I can practically install any bloated app on it.

How I did it: Installed Easeus partition manager (Home Edition is free) on my PC, connected my S7 via USB (first time users need to download USB Drivers), ran Easeus, it saw my S7 internal sdcard as a drive letter in My Computer, I selected it, repartitioned the 7GB internal sdcard to be a tad smaller so that it had about 1024mb of unallocated space, created an EXT2 partition from the available space that was created, formated it, and unplugged it from the PC. Fyi, I backed up everything on my 7GB internal sdcard, but Easeus was able to keep everything intact when it was resized. I then installed link2sd from the market, restarted my S7 and I started installing apps like a mad man!

Anybody knows of a EXT2 directory viewer? Just curious on what going in there.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
You can use a paid application root explorer.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I use Android Mate. It is in market, free, and it also can be a launcher and do installations and backup.

Sent from my S7

atom679

Feb 14, 2011
link2SD in use on mobilkom austria s7 101, 8gb internal sd, one front facing camera, rooted with z4, set cpu 998 mhz, rom s7v100r001c01b020.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Nov 21, 2010
Hi,

Been trying to get this to work but haven't been having any luck.

I am using terminal emulator and running the command as show when I first open the application. It says that it's busy and cannot be done.

I then went ahead after trying that a few times and just installed the link2sd but it says the automated script can't work.

Unsure of what I am doing wrong. Do I need to take out the SD card first? The tablet isn't connected to the computer, I rebooted the system before opening the terminal emulated.

Thanks

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
It is not working with external card. It only work with internal card. If you want to make it work with external sd card you need to manually put the script on your tablet.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk