Am I stuck?

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
Im completely at a loss right now.

Turned off my NC and went to bed last night after installing and playing a little nesoid (which is awesome btw). Woke up this morning and turned on my NC and it sticks at "Touch the Future of Reading". It will not go past it no matter what i do. You would think it would be easy to do the 8 failed boot attempts if it wont get past that screen, but i cant even get it to reflash doing that.

Any ideas? It is within 30 days so taking it back to bestbuy is an option i guess.

Rooted NC 1.0.1

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Geez McBain01 :)

Ok again, what is the back story? What did you last install, perform or do? You on CWR? Whats the satus of your SD card?

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
i know youre loving me right now :). The last thing i did is was downloaded nesoid and was playing excitebike. in nookdevs, many confirmed this app works flawlessly for them. It did for me as well. All was fine when i turned it off and went to bed. SD card is fine. I put it in my card reader to make sure. Before that, i enabled installations without having to use adb, installed google maps 5 and sketchbook express. All worked fine. With the card in and with the card out it wont go past that screen and i cant get it to flash back, cant get into clockwork or anything. Think ill just take this one back and exchange and start from scratch. From my pm's to you, you know my initial problems started with the overclocking. I was able to reroot though and everything was working fine, just like it was last night. Maybe this one isnt root related and did just die. Dunno

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hold power and "n" button at same time at start up to get into CWR. Once in, clear your cache and dalvik cache, then reboot. See if that helps.

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
when wiping the davlik it would say it was complete but would lock up CWR and i would have to turn off and then back on and get back into CWR

when wiping cache i get the following:
---Wiping Cache...
Formatting /cache...
Cache wipe complete.
E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/log
E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/last_log

After that i hit reboot and it said the same sequence about 'E:' again and rebooted.
After reboot it worked fine and is working fine again. Just posted the sequence in case that gives clue to something else that might be wrong.

Thanks again for your help. Didnt think i could get into clockwork after the reroot because i hadnt opened it up yet

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
when wiping the davlik it would say it was complete but would lock up CWR and i would have to turn off and then back on and get back into CWR

when wiping cache i get the following:
---Wiping Cache...
Formatting /cache...
Cache wipe complete.
E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/log
E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/last_log

After that i hit reboot and it said the same sequence about 'E:' again and rebooted.
After reboot it worked fine and is working fine again. Just posted the sequence in case that gives clue to something else that might be wrong.

Thanks again for your help. Didnt think i could get into clockwork after the reroot because i hadnt opened it up yet

Yea mine does the same, locks up on cache clearings. I believe there are still some bugs in CWR for NC. The "Can't find or can't opens" are fine since we are not running a full version of android, there is no cache on our sd cards yet (to my knowledge). Goog to see your are back up and running, I'm glad to help. :)

Oh btw, did you do a backup yet. If not, I suggest you do one now in case things go really bad and you need to use it. As you see above, it helped me greatly. Takes about 10-15 mins, have your NC charged.