Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Out of 30, I got 1.

Nice find PitCarver. I only wanted 2, guess they really weren't "Essential" after all.

Usually an offer like that appears top center of the Amazon page. This time you have to click "Deals" in the left column.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Sorcery! is the 8/1 app.

An epic adventure through a land of monsters, traps, and magic.
Plot your own journey across a hand-drawn 3D world map
Fully interactive story, with 1000s of choices
The story is rewritten on the fly based on how you play
Unique touch-based sword-duelling.
48 magic spells to master, with weird and wonderful effects that change the story

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I don't even know what that is, except it is an RPG, and at 130 MB, I am not going to find out either. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The Lost Ship is the 8/2 app.

Embark on your own treasure hunt in this beautifully designed classic point and click adventure game. Explore old trails, puzzles, and structures left behind by a castaway crew as you hunt for their lost pirate ship that was blown on to an island centuries ago.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I have a question- What do you consider a large file for a device with 16 GB in internal storage (which we all know isn't really 16 GB)? This app seems to be one of the rare times Amazon isn't trying to sock it to us with permissions and adware. But it is 62 MB! I have been sticking to under 40 for games.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
What do you consider a large file for a device with 16 GB in internal storage (which we all know isn't really 16 GB)?

I've gotten less and less concerned about app size.

1.) Even if the 16 GB is only 10GB in reality, you have room for more than 160 62MB apps. How many more do you need?

2.) If you start running short, just delete any you're not frequently using. You still "own" them and if you go into "My Apps" at Amazon or the Play store you can restore them should the need ever arise. Your high score or fastest time etc. would be lost, but to me that's not a biggie. (Maybe if your score is higher than the bear's you'd want to keep that.:))

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Luxor HD is the 8/3 app.

Answer the call of the goddess, Isis, in this addictive marble-shooter game. Chains of colored spheres are working their way through ancient Egypt, and it’s up to you to stop them before they reach the pyramids. Wielding your mystical winged-shooter, you must fire colored orbs into the chain to make matches of three or more, and eliminate the spheres from the chain. Clear out the entire chain, and you’ll work your way up to the next level.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
2.) If you start running short, just delete any you're not frequently using. You still "own" them and if you go into "My Apps" at Amazon or the Play store you can restore them should the need ever arise. Your high score or fastest time etc. would be lost, but to me that's not a biggie. (Maybe if your score is higher than the bear's you'd want to keep that.:))

Downloaded, played it through, then sent it back to "My Apps".
Like you said, I can always get it back, especially when the sequil arrives.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Luxor HD is the 8/3 app.

Answer the call of the goddess, Isis, in this addictive marble-shooter game. Chains of colored spheres are working their way through ancient Egypt, and it’s up to you to stop them before they reach the pyramids. Wielding your mystical winged-shooter, you must fire colored orbs into the chain to make matches of three or more, and eliminate the spheres from the chain. Clear out the entire chain, and you’ll work your way up to the next level.

If this works on your device, you will probably like it. Apparently some Kit Kat users could not get it to work.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
JoyJoy is the 8/4 app.

Twin-stick shooter. Blast your way through 24 unique waves and 6 intense challenges. Upgrade 6 varied weapons, along with your ships' speed, armor, and special attack. Choose one of 5 difficulty levels, with 2 bonus difficulty levels (Lightning and Armored) providing new ways to play the game.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Heroes : A Grail Quest is the 8/5 app.

Heroes : A Grail Quest is a turn-based strategy game in a fantasy world. The player leads the hero and his army across the world to find the lost artifact and to save the king and his kingdom. You will go on an exciting journey with lots of battles, powerful atrifacts, magic and dungeons.