Amazon Free App of the Day

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Cool! That wasn't there this morning. Downloading now. Just want to say, I wish my laptop botted up as quick as the Sony S Tablet. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Eve of the Genesis is the 11/15 app.

Eve of the Genesis is a classic Japanese-style role playing game in the tradition of the original Final Fantasy, with enhanced 8-bit style graphics that harken back to those classic games. Lead Effat and his friends across the world to stop the evil mechanical empire.
Effat is a monster hunter living in a small town with his best friend, the wealthy and tomboyish Harty. When they accidentally discover that attacks by powerful machines are on the rise all over the world, they set out to save humanity from a fresh wave of tyranny. On the way they meet Clia, a magic student, and Viper, an amnesiac soldier. Together, they'll save their species... or die trying.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Bejeweled 2 is the 11/16 app.

Bejeweled is back! The casual game that became a phenomenon a few years ago on the Web returns with this engaging sequel from the folks at PopCap Games. As you may know by now, Bejeweled is an immensely popular matching puzzle game with a great interface and addicting gameplay.
Bejeweled 2 is simple, relaxing, and fun: The object of the game is to line up at least three identical gems in a row. Swap adjacent gems to make matches.

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
So far I have tried to download two free apps and get the same message "the app is incompatible with your device". Not very happy about that.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
That's happened to me too a couple of times, but I suppose it's better than getting it installed and finding out it doesn't work properly.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
So far I have tried to download two free apps and get the same message "the app is incompatible with your device". Not very happy about that.

I haven't had that problem yet from Amazon, but definitely from the Android Market. For the longest time it wouldn't let me install Words With Friends. Now it's installed but it crashes every time I go to open it.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011

I have gotten that too. Does your device use Honeycomb? Or is it a 10"? I am trying to figure out why this is. There is a free app called Jewels that is pretty good and should work for you.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
It is not Tablet size. It won't install on my wife's Acer A100 either. OS probably

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Enhanced Email is the 11/17 app.

Enhanced Email is a fully featured, lightweight e-mail client, offering support for multiple Exchange/POP/IMAP accounts in a single app. No more switching between programs--get all your e-mail accounts in one place. Plus, the Enhanced Email app integrates with your existing native contacts and calendar apps.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Enhanced Email is the 11/17 app.

Enhanced Email is a fully featured, lightweight e-mail client, offering support for multiple Exchange/POP/IMAP accounts in a single app. No more switching between programs--get all your e-mail accounts in one place. Plus, the Enhanced Email app integrates with your existing native contacts and calendar apps.

Looks like one you either love or hate.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
SketchBook Mobile is the 11/18 app.

Budding artists, casual doodlers, and seasoned sketchers alike will enjoy SketchBook Mobile for their Android device. SketchBook Mobile, from the makers of the popular SketchBook desktop software, provides a full-featured drawing application and image studio that lets you follow your artistic bliss wherever you go with your phone or tablet.

SketchBook Mobile is surprisingly easy to use for such an involved application. At launch, you're presented with a blank white canvas with a single circular icon at the bottom of your screen. Touching that circle brings up easy-to-use icons of brush sizes, effects, the color palette, and more. Use pinch-to-zoom controls to get in close for highly detailed creations. Even a novice will be creating artwork in minutes.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
If you are having trouble with apps crashing or saying they aren't compatible, download an app called Fake GPS. For some stupid reason more and more apps are demanding GPS acesss or they won't work/download. Fake GPS makes apps think you've got GPS, solving the problem.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Puffle Launch is the 11/19 app.

It's time to blast off! From the high-speed hero and mischievous enemy to the fast-paced action, you'll have everything you love about Club Penguin's Puffle Launch right at your fingertips. Kids and adults alike will enjoy spending time with this extreme pet puffle and riding along with him on a high-adrenaline journey as he gets the snacks back that were stolen by the evil crab boss.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
The good news is, this looks like a good game for kids. The bad news is, they would be using your device to play it on. :)

Thanks Sue! I have gps.