Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Dante: The Inferno is the 8/27 app.

You play as Dante, the heart-broken hero of the game. With Virgil as your guide, you embark on an adventure through the circles of Hell facing fire pits, filth infested waters and frozen wastelands all in the name of love.

Reach Beatrice before she gets condemned to hell for betraying her husband with you. Only from the clutches of Lucifer himself can you acquire the Thorn Ring and place it on Beatrice’s finger.

Solve riddles, avoid enemies and pitfalls to finally find your love.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This one is a keeper, and I might even play it more than a few times. It is kind of like the old Frogger games, but this dude doesn't hop. No permissions and it installed quickly. Probably not good for phones. There were complaints of bad controls, but they are fine on my app so maybe they fixed it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
SketchBook Mobile is the 8/28 app.

Budding artists, casual doodlers, and seasoned sketchers alike will enjoy SketchBook Mobile for their Android device. SketchBook Mobile, from the makers of the popular SketchBook desktop software, provides a full-featured drawing application and image studio that lets you follow your artistic bliss wherever you go with your device.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
CRUSH is the 8/29 app.

The creator of Slydris and SideSwype, is back with an intense puzzle game designed specifically for touch screens. CRUSH sounds simple: Keep the blocks from filling the screen by removing matching colors with a single touch. But the blocks keep coming, and each touch boosts the stack even higher. CRUSH brings you three modes of exciting short-burst puzzle gameplay:

--- THINK mode: Take a little time and consider what moves to make. Go for massive combos to rack up the best Block score.

--- REACT mode: Make moves quickly to keep stack low. Survive as long as possible.

--- CRUSH mode: The ultimate combination of speed and strategy. Go for both large combos and a long survival time.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Rayman Jungle Run is the 8/30 app.

Run, leap, fly, and punch your way through lush jungle landscapes and dark, spooky caves. Discover new worlds and unlock new powers with Rayman, the grooviest dude ever to lope his way into the gaming universe.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
IN-APP-PURCHASES on a game they charge $3 for. I liked this game a lot when it was on my PC years ago, so I download it anyway. That was the easy part. It gets to installing it and the first bundle they want to install is 92,949KB. It is now on the 2nd one, 11,945. When it is done, it will total 187 MB. All but 10MB go on your SD card so, if you can get passed all that, it is a fun game.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Gem Spinner II is the 8/31 app.

Ready to go on a treasure hunt? Gem Spinner II: Water Quest is the sequel to the hit puzzle game, offering a twist on the traditional "match three" game play. You're a globe-trotting archaeologist trying to restore gems taken from priceless artifacts. How do you do this? Puzzle boards, of course!

Each board contains colored gems encased in pieces of different shapes and sizes. Switch adjacent gems within a piece to line up three or more in a row. They'll vanish and be replaced by more gems. Make as many gem matches as you can to reach a high score on each level.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Montezuma Puzzle Premium is the 9/1 app.

Montezuma Puzzle is a relaxing and logical tiling Puzzle game in the Ancient Aztec Empire scenery. Arrange the puzzle shapes in the right patterns. Sounds simple? Try out!

SantaFe

Jun 28, 2014
Montezuma Puzzle Premium is the 9/1 app.

Montezuma Puzzle is a relaxing and logical tiling Puzzle game in the Ancient Aztec Empire scenery. Arrange the puzzle shapes in the right patterns. Sounds simple? Try out!
I may try it out. Although my last experience with something starting with Montezuma wasn't all that fun. ;)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Adventures of a Wizard is the 9/2 app.

"Adventures of a Wizard" is an elegant combination of a fairy-tale and an action story in this new platformer game.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This has a 1 1/2 star overall rating, but I downloaded it anyway because it is a platformer and has no permissions. There is one button for jumping and one for attacking, but you need to rotate your tablet to move. I am guessing that someone that grew up on video games might be more adept at this.