Amazon's Superpad3/Flytouch X220 16GB - A new User's Review

EvilEd209

Jun 21, 2011
So I wanted to post a final update on the tablet I purchased from Amazon. Over the weekend I picked up a new SD card reader (finally) and dropped Tim's brand new 4E ROM on to it and flashed my tablet. It was a fairly quick and easy process with no complications. I always get a tad bit nervous when flashing anything but this went off just fine. Just follow the instructions found about on this above and you'll be fine.

What I can say about Tim's 4E ROM so far is WOW! The first noticeable difference I can tell you about right away is the battery life. I am not sure what he did, but this new ROM seems to save a ton of battery life! And it further extends my happiness with the tablet.

The Home page took a bit to get used to, as I was so used to the stock one that came with the tablet but I am over that now. Apps seems to run better, the table as a whole seems to be faster and so far it is a major improvement on an already pretty good tablet. The android market is my only complaint so far. It did open up all of the free apps on the market but I still can not see the paid apps. There is a solution here that I have not yet tried and will do so this week to see if I can unlock those paid apps:

[SOLUTION] Show hidden apps on the Market

But overall, with a little research, and a few tweaks this tablet really has been a good buy for me. I am happy with my purchase and I am looking forward to everything I can now do with it. my wife is already tired of me and my constant tweaking of this device.

If I can get the NetFlix apps working on this, then it will be a grand slam for me. I'll keep you posted.

Ed

WoodyNL

Jul 18, 2011
What a fantastic review! I have only 1 question, did you directly put Tim's rom on it or did you use the official release first?

Many thnx

EvilEd209

Jun 21, 2011
What a fantastic review! I have only 1 question, did you directly put Tim's rom on it or did you use the official release first?

Many thnx

Well, when I got the tablet it came pre-installed with the most up-to-date factory ROM, so I had some time to work with it before I decided to flash it.

WoodyNL

Jul 18, 2011
Thnx Ed, Ive flashed it as well, it was verry easy to do! perfect

But in the mean time, only one thing happened, after a day on stand by it loads the battery very slow.
In 8/9 hours its fills up only 10 maybe 20 %.
it consumes only 38 mA to fill it self up!

Even after going back to the 3th rom it doesn't change.

So now I will try to go to the original en hope that maybe then everything is going back to basic and try the whole thing again.