Android 1.6 or 2.1

shah

Mar 20, 2011
I have bought a 7" android tablet and I believe it is Gome Flytouch. The seller claimed that it would have Android 2.1. But it reports Firmware Version 1.6 and but build number is WMT2.1.2_105.

Does this mean it is running Android 2.1?? I have the Flytouch 2 with Android 2.1 and it clearly says Firmware Version 2.1.

Please help.

Thanks.

vaccdroid

Jan 8, 2011
Its Android 1.6 not 2.1 ...The 2.1 well thats the build number . Mine has the same thing. The Flytouch 1 has 1.6 installed and the build varries. Seller misled you.

Last edited:

scuttsb

Mar 22, 2011
Android 1.6 or 2.1

I also have the same issue with another Flytouch clone. it is branded and sold through a computer builder in Australia, Pioneer Computers. i have asked there support if there is a full 2.1 version as i want to run Acrobat viewer. last time is asked for support it took them a about 3 days to get back to me. I will let you know their response. Is there a firmware that could upgrade this to version 2.1?
Thanks

shah

Mar 20, 2011
Android 1.6 or 2.1

I also have the same issue with another Flytouch clone. it is branded and sold through a computer builder in Australia, Pioneer Computers. i have asked there support if there is a full 2.1 version as i want to run Acrobat viewer. last time is asked for support it took them a about 3 days to get back to me. I will let you know their response. Is there a firmware that could upgrade this to version 2.1?
Thanks

I don't know. The seller keeps on insisting that it is 2.1 since it is build WMT2.1.2_105. It does say 2.1 in the build, but I am not sure the difference between the firmware version and the build version. It is kind of wierd, what is this build for?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
The best way to tell is download a "system" app and see what SDK level your app is at - Android API Levels | Android Developers

Android 1.6 = 4

Unfortunately quite a lot of sellers (on purpose or not) list Android 1.6 devices as 2.1... as quite a lot of people are starting to realize how out dated 1.6 has become.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
The 3rd tier vendor will push the Android OS 1.6 into whatever the customer what's to hear in buzz words. The Builds are what they post for the OS. So in other words you get Android OS 1.6 with a Build of WMT2.1.2_105 aka WMT212, WMT2.2_105, 2.1, 2.2 an etc. Some stoop so low and change the build number to show 2.1 only for the OS. Those vendors should be a shame of themselves.

vaccdroid

Jan 8, 2011
As Tipster said. its the build , you still have 1.6. Nothing that runs on 2.1 will run on these devices. Shame on these sellers.