android 2.2 for archos 70 and 101

kent3521

Oct 19, 2010
Archos site says by November 2010 but with only a couple days left does anyone else think this is going to get pushed back till late December

cmhdiamond

Oct 19, 2010
As far as we know, it is still in beta. There is at least one admin over on forum.archosfans.com who is involved in the beta program, but he does not have a firm release date from the manufacturer. (At least not that he is publishing.)
In the meantime, there are several rumors floating around, some based on supposed communications from Archos support persons, stating that it will be released for OTA update in the next few days, and available for download from their website by the end of next week (12/3?).

Disclaimer: These are only rumors, and I can neither confirm nor deny that any of them are based, either in whole or in part, upon actual facts.

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
You can see 2.2 in action on the Archos in this video from Oct 28:

By now it should be very close to being ready. I would expect it any day now.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenyu73

Nov 27, 2010
I think they'll push for a release ASAP because they advertised this as a 2.2 tablet, then sent us 2.1 versions with a promise "sticker" of November. They'll have a lot of "haters" if they postpone for Gingerbread or a late December release. I'm looking forward to 2.2, but I can maintain sanity if its postponed for stability.