Android 4.2 Tablet - Try to Install an App, Getting the "Out Of Space" Message

rshalev

Apr 11, 2012
Hello everyone,
Can someone please help me??

I have a Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet running on Android 4.2

I was trying to install some new apps and also to update some of the existing ones. each time I try to install a
new app or to update an existing one I get this message "OUT OF SPACE, (App title) could not be installed. Free up some space and try again"..
Yet, when I check the memory status in Settings - Storage it shows a total memory of 5.84GB and available 4.91 GB. So, if i have 4.91 GB available why do i get this message??.

Can anyone please let me know how to solve this problem??
Thank you very much
Rami

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Try deleting some apps that you don't use often. If /when you need them, you can reinstall them w/o paying again.

rshalev

Apr 11, 2012
Try deleting some apps that you don't use often. If /when you need them, you can reinstall them w/o paying again.

Thank you very much for your reply.
I deleted all the apps that I could. And as mentioned above, I have "out of 5.84GB I have available 4.91 GB, I had many instances before that I had a lot less than 4.91GB and I could still install new apps, why it won't let me know after I removed quite a few apps and made a lot of room. My existing apps and the operating system use only 0.57GB, I have 4.91 available!!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Now that you've deleted some apps, what is the tablet showing for the amount of available storage?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Your storage and app partition is different, you need to uninstall some apps, move any apps you can to sdcard.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk