Android Market Launcher App

Aug 5, 2010
Hi, I am a beginner to the Android world so I am hoping I can navigate through the huge amount of info about Android, Droid, OHA, Android Market...

I do not have a device yet but I feel it is only a matter of time.

My main area of interest is the distribution of applications to the Android device. I understand that the mainstream method is via the Android Market. I know that some mobile carriers have done some deal with Google whereby they have a specific tab on the Android Market. I believe the default is <Games><Apps><downloads>. In the case of Sprint they have substituted <downloads> with <Sprint>.

I tried to locate the Android Market launcher app on the Open Source as it may be possible to configure or clone the Android Market Launcher.

Any pointers for other forum members most welcome.

Thanks,
Marcus

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I'm actually not sure if their source is actually available. I haven't looked into it that much, but SlideME market is opensource on Google Code, at least an older version.
I know at least a few Chinese market apps possibly based on reverse engineering the SlideME platform

Not sure if this AndAppstore code here is relevant:http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplications/licensing.jsp