Android Market no longer works on rooted 7015A

thorsman

Aug 20, 2011
I rooted my 7015A a while back and installed the android app market. All worked great for weeks. I noticed the other day that it stopped working--got the notorious "download unsuccessful" error and spent the day trying to fix it. I researched and tried all the fixes, but none of them fixed my problem. I reset the device to factory and then reloaded a "fresh" back up (the state after it was rooted and before I started goofing around with it). I installed gapps from the zip, started it, it ran the update and I tried installing apps and I still get the "download unsuccessful" error. Any suggestions?

help_u_out

Oct 9, 2011
I had the same problem. Go to settings, applications, market, and uninstall updates.

The old market interface will allow you to download your updates and also reinstall the current user interface for the Google Market.

enidone

Apr 3, 2011
I am having the same problem.

I don't see an Uninstall Updates option in Settings => Application => Market. All I see is Clear Data, Clear Cache, and Force Stop.

StickyPirate

Oct 11, 2011
Hey everybody, I tried all the suggestions here, and nothing seemed to work. I'm having the same problem with my Market not downloading any updates or allowing me to download any new apps either. Please help.

tomwild

Oct 12, 2011
I was having the same problem. Refer to Thorsman first post. I did the same as he did. Rooted, etc. The market worked for weeks and then suddenly stopped a few days ago. I wrote to them asking what was up and was told that my device was not supported by the Market. The following is a copy of the email i got from them. If someone knows how to fix this, i would love to hear about it. thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to write in. According to our records, the device that you are using is not supported for use with Android Market at this time. The Android operating system is open source, which means that any device manufacturer is free to use Android on its devices. However, Android Market is an application created by Google that is only made available to devices that pass Google’s compatibility requirements. In addition, manufacturers must obtain a license from Google in order to install Android Market on their devices. For more information about the Android Compatibility Program, please visit http://source.android.com/compatibility/index.html If you have any questions about your device, I recommend contacting the manufacturer of your device directly. I’ve provided a link below for your convenience: http://www.cobyusa.com/?p=support If I can help in any other way, please let me know. I'll be happy to help. Regards, Rob The Android Market Team

brianreddin

Oct 12, 2011
Hi All,
i received the exact same email as thorsman whe i queried it.

Thanks for emailing me today. According to our records, the device that you are using is not supported for use with Android Market at this time.
The Android operating system is open source, which means that any device manufacturer is free to use Android on its devices. However, Android Market is an application created by Google that is only made available to devices that pass Google’s compatibility requirements. In addition, manufacturers must obtain a license from Google in order to install Android Market on their devices.
For more information about the Android Compatibility Program, please visit:
Android Compatibility | Android Open Source
If you have any further questions, I recommend contacting the manufacturer of your device directly."

i sent an email back explaining that all worked fine up until recently and got another reply

"Thanks for getting back to us. This may happen when using a device that's not authorized for use with Android Market. It may work just fine for a while, and then you won't be able to download anything. Common symptoms are downloads that won't start, error messages such as "There was a problem processing your purchase," and ".. no associated devices.." on the website market.android.com. I apologize for the confusion."

help_u_out

Oct 9, 2011
Once i uninstalled all google market updates I could download w/o any problems. You will get a more basic interface in the market if you do this, but it works!

tomwild

Oct 12, 2011
i would like to try your suggestion about deleting updates and i have done it in the past, but, right now, i can't for the life of me think how to do that. I really feel stupid but could you let us know. thanks.

Never mind. I'm not as stupid as i thought. Figured it out and deleted the 'updates' for the market and now it's working again. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
I did the uninstalled updates fix, then a few days later it had updated and back to the same old problem. Not a BIG deal, as I can always do the uninstall thingy until I get my Acer Iconia...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I did the uninstalled updates fix, then a few days later it had updated and back to the same old problem. Not a BIG deal, as I can always do the uninstall thingy until I get my Acer Iconia...

Uninstall MarketUpdater.apk. If you remove this file and roll back to Market 2.x then it won't self-update anymore.

stanwolf

Sep 21, 2011
I had the same problem. I done everything said in this thread and it worked again with the basic interface. I was using it the other day and when I started up the market it was back to the version that was not working well it was working fine I could D/L everything. Maybe the market changed it ways:confused: Anyone else having any luck?