Android Market on the Coby Kyros mid8024 no rooting needed

coyle1010

Aug 18, 2011
it took me a little searching to find this so this is just a repost under 8024 i found it under 7024 but it works perfectly i was a total nube to android and was able to do it but I will break it down a little more for the few questions I had

copy and paste this gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip to the google browser I got it on the media fire site ussually the 2nd result on google download it put it in a file I made one named coby, then unzip it drag and drop the coby file to your micro sd card put the card in the kyros and open the apk installer that comes with the coby install these files
  • Vending.apk (this is the market)
  • MarketUpdater.apk
  • GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  • GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
  • GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
  • Gmail.apk (you may be prompted to install the update possibly)
  • NetworkLocation.apk I dont think this actually does a location localizer but I installed it because they said to

once your done installing do a shut down restart and your set you will need a gmail account so have that ready to sign in to the market I hope this helps speed things up for a few people it worked great but the 8024 is a POS so I returned it today the touch lags to much during internet browsing it drives me crazy good luck to those keeping this thing im just gonna drop the money on the galaxy​

Last edited by mp34me; 06-11-2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Clarification​

moonbeam

Aug 29, 2011
Thank you coyle1010! This worked well for me. Rather than mess with the micro sd card, I installed the free Dropbox app and was able to use that instead. I created a "coby" folder in Dropbox with the 7 apk files you listed. It seemed important to install Vending.apk last, after the other 6 had been successfully installed. I did run into the problem where the Market app could not connect to the Google server. A full shutdown/restart solved that. With access to the Android Market I am now starting to like my Coby Kyros 8024 much more. For the price, it is not bad.

taffypy

Jun 3, 2011
Thank you for the above advice. But, when I go to install an app off the market-it says I do not have an android phone associated with this account. I have the kyros 8024. Do you have any idea why it says that? Any app from the android market tells me that.

Thank you and frustrated at this thing.

gamewarrior66

Sep 27, 2011
Thank you i will try this when i get mine this comeing weekend/nextweek. Hope to god it works for me >.< lol, also, what is a POS?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
what is a POS?

Piece of Sh*t, probably due to its resistive touch screen. If you never used one and/or is used to a capacitive touchscreen you will either hate it or take some time to get used to it.

gamewarrior66

Sep 27, 2011
Piece of Sh*t, probably due to its resistive touch screen. If you never used one and/or is used to a capacitive touchscreen you will either hate it or take some time to get used to it.

As touch resistive as a android cell phone with a screen protector >.< lol? Ya if it is, i'm kinda of use to it know i can barely tell the differences since i have been come a custom to it. Its like going from windows to Linux to me really, got use to it prity quick.

drfreemd

Sep 27, 2011
Hi this my first and I followed your easy instructions on getting the official android market on my Coby Kyros 7024 with basically no problems. I looked everywhere to this.I like my Kyros before now it is even better, especially on sale. It is better than the Bl APK market. At the developers have a chance to get some money from me. I found a nice leather case for the Coby Kyros it is a Griffin Elan Passport for Galaxy Tab.Griffin Elan Passport for Galaxy Tab | Tablet Accessories | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
This works GREAT!! There are a few things that I found have to be done in a certain way for it to work.
I have a MID 7012 BTW.

It appears that the Google framework must be in place and working before the Market will work.
I had all the problems listed by others, but finally got it to work.

Install the following:

• Gmail.apk
  • NetworkLocation.apk
Reboot the tablet and make all connections to Google.
This means you successfully get Google mail and the calendar up and working.

Now install the following:

• Market.apk (used to be called Vendor.apk)
  • MarketUpdater.apk
Reboot the unit and the Market app should work fine now.

I was just about to take this thing back, but after getting this up and working, it works really good and I'm happy.
BTW, the NetFlix app does not work very well on this tablet. it all works, but it's super slow. Not even watchable.

bjy20716

Nov 7, 2011
What is the newest market that will work with the 7012?

I tried the newest one from peter alfanso's website but it just crashed.

The older on in the zip work but seems to be missing some apps.

vnv727

Nov 29, 2011
Found this step by step video someone did to be rather helpful:

It worked on my MID7012.

Just figure I'll throw it up here since I found this thread helpful in guiding me. He also posted up the links for two zips with all the files you could need(was having trouble finding them all....no clue if the ones on mediafire and the like were what I actually needed)

Last edited by a moderator:

Articus66

Nov 25, 2011
This works GREAT!! There are a few things that I found have to be done in a certain way for it to work.
I have a MID 7012 BTW.

It appears that the Google framework must be in place and working before the Market will work.
I had all the problems listed by others, but finally got it to work.

Install the following:

• Gmail.apk
  • NetworkLocation.apk
Reboot the tablet and make all connections to Google.
This means you successfully get Google mail and the calendar up and working.

Now install the following:

• Market.apk (used to be called Vendor.apk)
  • MarketUpdater.apk
Reboot the unit and the Market app should work fine now.

I was just about to take this thing back, but after getting this up and working, it works really good and I'm happy.
BTW, the NetFlix app does not work very well on this tablet. it all works, but it's super slow. Not even watchable.

Hi, I'm using the MID7012-4G. I installed this, in the above order. Went great but I now have a small triangle with an exclamation point in upper left hand corner "Permission Requested for account (my google email account)" how do I grant permission to it?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Open the notification bar, tap on the triangle and you should see a screen where you grant access to your account.

Articus66

Nov 25, 2011
hmmm odd, I tap triangle with exclamation point on main screen and I see drop down box which has a button saying "Clear" and below that "Notifications" and below that "Permission Requested for account [email protected]" No additional screens available. I tapped everywhere?

Articus66

Nov 25, 2011
hmmm odd, I tap triangle with exclamation point on main screen and I see drop down box which has a button saying "Clear" and below that "Notifications" and below that "Permission Requested for account [email protected]" No additional screens available. I tapped everywhere?

OK I think I got it. I went into my gmail app and could access this when I was in the app.