Android Tablet w/Celllular+Bluetooth?

Jays19

Apr 12, 2016
Hey guys,

I'm new to the board here and had a quick question for you.

I am looking for a small android tablet which supports cellular networks and bluetooth capabilities.

I have found a few online on Amazon, but am unsure of which will work in USA/Canada which is where I'll primarily need them to work.

Could something like this work?: Dell Streak 5 Unlocked Android Tablet Smartphone (16GB, GSM, WiFi + 3G, Bluetooth): Amazon.ca: Cell Phones & Accessories

Just looking for some suggestions on some good tablets with cell/bluetooth.

Thanks a lot!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The Dell Streak is ancient. It was a phablet back when the average screen size was 4.3 inches, but not today. Now it simply is an old device with an average sized screen. If you want an actual phablet, you're looking at devices like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, 4, or 5, the Nexus 6, Nexus 6P and so on.

I enjoyed my Streak when it was my daily driver, but it's painfully slow compared to the Galaxy S4 I replaced it with, and the Nexus 6 I replaced the Galaxy S4 with.

Jays19

Apr 12, 2016
I'm not looking to spend upwards of 500 dollars for this type of thing.

It needs to be pretty cheap and just work, and I don't care too much about it being the latest and greatest.

Thanks.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well, it might help if you tell us what you are wanting to do. But besides the fact the Streak only has a single-core processor, 512MB of memory, and a version of android several generations out of date, the biggest thing is the screen. Five inches is simply too small today to be a tablet. Phablet sizes generally range between 5.5 and 5.7 inches, with outliers like the Nexus 6 at 5.96 inches and one of the Sony Xperia models at 6.4 inches.

If all you're looking for is a phone with a five-inch display, a Galaxy S4 would be a far better choice. Faster processor, more memory, and a five-inch screen in a package smaller than the Streak. Should a used device like the S4 be too expensive, there are a multitude of budget five-inch devices out there for you, if you look for them. If you're truly looking for a phablet and price is a concern, check out devices by Asus, Blu, Huawei, Honor, LG, and ZTE for phablets on a budget. If you want something a bit more premium but still at a decent price, look at the One Plus One or Nexus 6.

You don't have to take my advice, but after using the Dell Streak as a daily driver for 3-1/2 years plus being its last developer, you will be making a mistake in not doing so.