Android tablet with HDMI out for streaming audio

jase1

Sep 1, 2011
Hi,

I recently bought an HP Touchpad in the firesale (which is fantastic, and is being used to type this post) which has renewed my interest in tablet devices. I am also the owner of a SmartQ V7 which has been gathering dust for a while as I couldn't get on with the resistive screen.

Buying the Touchpad has made me realise that a second, small tablet has its uses. I am now thinking that I could do with a Myth remote/music streamer that'd be connected to my hifi system via either spdif (probably impossible - no driver for a USB soundcard) or HDMI. The SmartQ would on paper be ideal for this - dlna player plus WinAmp etc.

However, it doesn't seem to want to work. Despite getting a good WiFi signal it constantly buffers on all applications. Is this normal for this unit? It's either an issue of lack of memory, a firmware issue or a fault on the unit, as I can't see any reason why the processor shouldn't be fast enough for such a simple task...

Can anyone either recommend some way of fixing the V7, or suggest a cheap device that will do the job? It must have some sort of digital audio output. Used or new, not bothered.

Thanks for any help and sorry for the rambling post :)

pingfloid

Mar 14, 2012
Hi.

This post is old... Have you already find a solution to get Digital Audio Output from a tablet?

I want to buy a tablet for that purpose, and I am thinking about using a HDMI to SPDIF converter box. They sell on EBay around $40

In the meantime, we have to wait for Google to enable the USB Audio Feature. It will only cost them to write a couple of lines of code. It is unbelievable that they still have not enabled this feature that Apple always had on their devices.

Please, vote to increase the priority of the issue :D

Issue 24614 - android - Enable USB audio on the Galaxy Nexus (or any Android 4.0 device) - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting