Another 'Oldie' Moving with the Times

gordon_s1942

Oct 18, 2012
I have been a Computer user for roughly 18 years but only at a very basic level.
I started off with a Vic 20 and had a lot of fun with it, eventually graduated to a C64 but there was no 'Internet' only 'Bulletin Boards' but they were in Sydney and the phone costs were rather high and I never had the equipment (acoustic) to connect to them.
Then I was given a 386 followed by a 486 with the 11 Floppies to install Win 3.1, WOW !!!
1994 saw a newly built computer with Win 95 that was upgraded to Win98 until another Computer I bought the parts for and helped assemble with XP. That one died unfortunately after a few years along with a second one built at the same time and was replaced again with a 'surplus' computer thats being used now.
I am not a Gamer and until june this year my Internet was by Satellite but now by Wireless as there is no ADSL here.
I am located on the Central Tablelands of NSW between Lithgow and Bathurst.
I had used my daughters Ipod tablet a couple of times but it wasnt high on the 'Wish List' until the Bauhn Tablet from Aldi was released.
My wife gets far more use of it than I do as she loves those Poker/slot machine games and as they cost nothing to play,I encourage her to use the Tablet as she isnt really computer literate.
Theres still a few things I dont quite now how to use on the Tablet but I have managed to load 3 Videos she likes on it for her.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Gordon, congratulations on your new Bauhn tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. I see you've already made yourself at home here and managed to locate the correct forum for your tablet. That alone puts you a few steps ahead of the typical newcomer to the forum.:rolleyes: Enjoy the forum and continue to enjoy that tablet!

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
Hi Gordon

I have been a Computer user for roughly 18 years but only at a very basic level.
... I am located on the Central Tablelands of NSW between Lithgow and Bathurst.
the Bauhn Tablet from Aldi was released.

well, another Ozzie and another Bauhn tablet user.

I have a mixed report with mine, but main uses of least frustration seem to be:
  • Adobe PDF reader to allow me to access manuals in the workshop (such as working on my bike) and recipies in the kitchen. The simple glass and metal makes cleaning it after grease or flour easy
  • watching some vids, although the inbuilt codec likes to insert TSSSSHHHH every second or so
  • reading emails (but replying is often so tedious I fire up the laptop as its faster to type more than "oh hi, sure"
  • quick www browsing, but heaps of sites (including this one) don't work with the native browser well (probably a javascript issue)

So far I find that people who do the least depth but the greatest width have the best tablet experiences.

Best of luck and hope all goes well

gordon_s1942

Oct 18, 2012
Spider, Thank you for your flattering compliment but I have used Forums before so I am obviously familiar with their structure.
Might I recommend a site I use frequently here in Australia to this Forums Members.
It is called Austech.info and while it is oriented to our interests 'Down Under', like all forums it covers a multitude of interests and has world wide members as we use the same products as you but may be sold under a different Brand name.