Any Android developers around?

esheffield

Aug 17, 2010
Hi all,

Just joined up recently and looking to choose an Android tablet. Most likely the Wits A81E, primarily due to Android 2.2 support. Though I'd like to have camera and mic support too, so if anyone knows of something with that combo (and GPS would be a nice to have as well!) I'd love to hear about it!

Anyway, I'm a long-time software dev and one of my main interests in getting one of these tablets is in learning Android app development. Like to hear from anyone else who might be using one of these for dev work.

Eddie

esheffield

Aug 17, 2010
Thanks! I'm trying to decide which is more important to me - Android 2.2 or other features. I'm also considering the Pandawill Bpad G10. Appears to be the same as the Hipad G10 from Euogo, but a lot cheaper. Android 2.1 is probably good enough for now, esp. if a 2.2 upgrade will be available. But I guess without an actual statement from the supplier there's no way to know if one is coming.

Gonna be about 2 weeks before I'll be ready to order anyway - the way these things seem to change it will probably be a completely different market by then! :)