Any custom firmware for eken m008

ch0s3n1

Dec 22, 2010
I have posted before with no reply but now i know what I have (really hope someone can help).

It's an Eken m008 9.7" android 1.6 tablet and want to reflash it to have it run a little better, i've been reading about and don't want to brick it by trying something that won't work on it.

It has:

android 1.6 wmt 2.0 as it boots it also says kernel 2.6.29
it has 128mb of ram
2 gb memory
An ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l) processor 533mhz
screen resolution is showing as 1024 x 768
it also has a front facing camera, wi-fi, 3g etc.

It was a present from China but i've also found a website with further specs and pics if this will help

Wholesale newest 9.7 inch Android tablet PC + Free Shipping + Free Gift

I think it has same specs as m005 just bigger screen

I don't mind losing the ipad look of the OS (actually prefer having the stock normal android)

Can somebody please point me to a nice fast rom I will be eternally grateful :)

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
I have posted before with no reply but now i know what I have (really hope someone can help).

It's an Eken m008 9.7" android 1.6 tablet and want to reflash it to have it run a little better, i've been reading about and don't want to brick it by trying something that won't work on it.

It has:

android 1.6 wmt 2.0 as it boots it also says kernel 2.6.29
it has 128mb of ram
2 gb memory
An ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l) processor 533mhz
screen resolution is showing as 1024 x 768
it also has a front facing camera, wi-fi, 3g etc.

It was a present from China but i've also found a website with further specs and pics if this will help

Wholesale newest 9.7 inch Android tablet PC + Free Shipping + Free Gift

I think it has same specs as m005 just bigger screen

I don't mind losing the ipad look of the OS (actually prefer having the stock normal android)

Can somebody please point me to a nice fast rom I will be eternally grateful :)
Sure no problem! I think I have experience enough to built you a custom ROM without having to test everything a couple of times. You see, I don't have the m008, but I could make you a custom rooted firmware! Only I need you to confirm if it's alright :) Please email me and I'll explain all I can do for you.

lordvampire

Jan 28, 2011
@RomanticEvil: you got pm
i am also looking for a ROM for my M008 from china... the OOTB-Software is really BAD... please help

THX
LORD

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Ok thanks to other users testers I've managed to built a rooted/boosted/fixed/cleaned/expanded m008 ROM, it's a test but I'm quite certain it's OK, get it at -=[HcH's TechKnow]=-, atm it's located at the Open board \ Other Tablets so no registration is required for those who don't want to register and enjoy those benefits :)