any luck with market place?

brett8187

Jan 10, 2011
Has anyone had any luck with the market place? Any idea on some guides to try? It's killin me not having this, i really like the tablet, i just really want the marketplace

dj idea

Jan 13, 2011
Just slideme.org and freewarelovers.com I just back up my apk's on my droid phone and upload them to dropbox and then use my Cruz tablet to download the apk from dropbox.

tlspencer

Dec 30, 2010
I haven't checked this out yet, but I use DropBox between my reader, computer, and Android cellphone to move files around. I am wondering since the phone has market place, if I locate the .apk file for an app, if I'd be able to copy it to Dropbox and get it to my reader in that manner.. I know it's not as fast but it might be a way to get the apps you want.. I will try it and if it works will let you know.

edit:
And duh.. I posted this then noticed later the post above mentioning Dropbox when I came back in here just now. I did get a couple .apx files off my phone, but they were some I downloaded from online. Anyone know where the .apx files from the Marketpalce are saved?

Last edited:

weedb0y

Feb 14, 2011
I load them up via the custom ROM available on Slatedroid.com. They have few variations available but I like the JGM v4.0.

It comes with Android Market access and allows you to store apps on the SD card.

Feb 19, 2011
If you have a sd card reader on your computer, just make a directory on the Cruz sd card called APPS, download the apps with your computer, then just copy them over to the sd card/APPS directory.....I have over 3000 apps that I had on my computer, and did the same thing, and worked fine....problem is....a LOT of apps will NOT work on the Cruz since it has a MIPS processor....