Anyone know anything about this one?

skelman

Feb 9, 2012
I ran the suspected files through viruscan.org, which checks an uploaded file against many different virus scanners (including my AVG). Every one of them said the files were fine except for AVG (1 for 36). I have to agree it seems very likely a false positive.

I moved on and tried to use the LiveSuit program, but was having trouble installing the USB driver for Windows 7 64-bit. I can easily attach my tablet through USB and do "usb sharing mode", but when I tried to get LiveSuit to recognize it for flashing it wouldn't. It suddenly found unknown hardware, and I couldn't get Windows 7 to install any drivers correctly. None of the included files worked, and I found some alternative Windows 7 android usb drivers, but they didn't work either. Has anyone gone through this step correctly and can offer any advice? Thanks much.

It seems straightforward for Windows XP based on the instructional doc, but I have Windows 7.

EDIT: Looks like an earlier post mentioned trying to install PDANet, which will install the ADB driver for my tablet. I have not tried this yet and will give it a go later today.

Last edited:

Jstn7477

Feb 9, 2012
I ran the suspected files through viruscan.org, which checks an uploaded file against many different virus scanners (including my AVG). Every one of them said the files were fine except for AVG (1 for 36). I have to agree it seems very likely a false positive.

I moved on and tried to use the LiveSuit program, but was having trouble installing the USB driver for Windows 7 64-bit. I can easily attach my tablet through USB and do "usb sharing mode", but when I tried to get LiveSuit to recognize it for flashing it wouldn't. It suddenly found unknown hardware, and I couldn't get Windows 7 to install any drivers correctly. None of the included files worked, and I found some alternative Windows 7 android usb drivers, but they didn't work either. Has anyone gone through this step correctly and can offer any advice? Thanks much.

It seems straightforward for Windows XP based on the instructional doc, but I have Windows 7.

EDIT: Looks like an earlier post mentioned trying to install PDANet, which will install the ADB driver for my tablet. I have not tried this yet and will give it a go later today.

On Windows 7, you might be able to install the driver via Device Manager. Open it, right click on your computer (where the device tree starts), and there should be an option to "Add legacy hardware" which starts the "Add new hardware" wizard. Since my tab was bricked, I haphazardly tried a bunch of things (PDANet would not install because it could not find my tab) but eventually my USB drivers somehow seemed to install when I put the device in Debug mode by holding VOL+ contunuously and after 10 seconds, connecting USB and repeatedly pressing the power button until it entered debug. I don't have my USB cable with me at the moment so I can't try with my tab at work.

collinp

Jan 1, 2012
I flashed my 0.2MP 4GB tablet with it's specific file, and it flashed fine, but it somehow bricked itself on the... fifth restart after clearing out the phone-related APKs, and removing the status bar icons. I pushed it into debug and did a "normal" upgrade and it works fine now. Not sure what happened.

NicksTab

Feb 2, 2012
I got my 760TCP from Newegg on the 8th and I am really liking it. Got the 8GB / 2MP version. WOOT!
For those folks with issues renaming the Phone files, I could only do it with File Expert by setting Permissions on the individual file BUT then the tablet got stuck in a bootscreen loop. Had to reflash with the MOMO ROM. Finally managed to rename the files with ADB - NOT EASY as ADB is command line only.
So now I'me preparing to flash with the new iView ROM and I'm going to have to repeat the same phone file process again. Uggg! Wish me luck.

EggsTyrone

Jan 21, 2012
I just did the ROM update for the 8GB/2MP tablet. Thanks to everyone who posted information about the process. I could not get the drivers to work on Windows 7...fortunately I still have an old netbook with WinXP.

The only difference I can tell is that the camera now works! I don't recall seeing "King Kong" market before; it is on there now.

The phone.apk battery mod is the same as before.

What is the latest status of ICS on this unit (the 8GB/2MP version)? Does everything work?

NicksTab

Feb 2, 2012
OK - New Firmware flashed and camera works now. Reloaded full App & Data backups w/Titanium. Dumped KingKong. Edited build.prop and renamed phone files all using ADB. Rebooted and no issues or hangs. This thing just keeps getting better.I may get brave tomorow and try to edit the SystemUI.apk to remove the cell phone signal icon in the top bar. For now, its play time. :)

collinp

Jan 1, 2012
First DL
[FONT=&#23435]MOMO9加强版Android 4.0固件 firmware from [/FONT]http://www.ployer.cn/prshow.asp?id=112&p=zc
[FONT=&#23435]Then you will need to make sure that the ADB driver for your tablet is installed, The easiest way to get this done is to Download and install PDANet it will install ADB drivers for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Next install The LiveSuitPack included with the firmware, after this is installed you can follow on screen instructions for Mandatory Update.

Once in ICS you will need to change language and KB to english, and there you go. Market is already installed and you are ready to go.
[/FONT]​

Are there any faster download locations for that file? I'm getting about 16kB/s download and 3 hours remaining to pull a file that shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes.

Jstn7477

Feb 9, 2012
Are there any faster download locations for that file? I'm getting about 16kB/s download and 3 hours remaining to pull a file that shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes.

I'm trying to download this ROM http://en.ployer.cn/UploadFile/201202/MOMO9C-4.0-2012-0206.rar which might be a newer version than the previously linked one. Unfortunately, the Ployer site is horrendous and only lets you download at dial-up speeds so it's nearly impossible to get a good copy of the ROM without getting disconnected or a corrupt download. After 4 hours I'm at 46/213MB.

collinp

Jan 1, 2012
I'm trying to download this ROM http://en.ployer.cn/UploadFile/201202/MOMO9C-4.0-2012-0206.rar which might be a newer version than the previously linked one. Unfortunately, the Ployer site is horrendous and only lets you download at dial-up speeds so it's nearly impossible to get a good copy of the ROM without getting disconnected or a corrupt download. After 4 hours I'm at 46/213MB.

My download just terminated prematurely and I got a half-completed file out of 2 hours of downloading. Incredibly annoying.

Jstn7477

Feb 9, 2012
Alright guys, I was bored and popped the back cover off of my tab, and now I have a few pictures of what I discovered (chinatab pr0n if you will). :p

I didn't bother removing the mainboard from where it is mounted, as I really don't want to break my tab (the use of masking tape in attempt to secure most things does not make me too comfortable). Most, if not all, of the main ICs should be on the visible side. Hopefully someone other than me finds interest in these. Pictures taken with my phone, and I had to resize them to comply with upload requirements. Also missed what may be the WiFi chip next to the A10, and I haven't found the accelerometer either.

Compatible ROMs:
Ployer MOMO9 2.3/4.0 ICS (camera does not work, same image as the original firmware that came on my 8GB/2MP tab)
IVIEW 2.3 760TPC Feb. 9, 2012 8GB/2MP: http://iviewus.com/newsRead.php?id=64&catId=257

Overclocking:
AnTuTu CPU Master: Overclocked to 1.15GHz stable, no voltage control. 1200 has slight instability, anything above crashes/shuts down/reboots tab.

Benchmarks:
AnTuTu Benchmark: ~3000 (details soon)

Visible ICs:

NAND flash:
2* Hynix H27IBG8T2ATR 32Gb 32nm MLC NAND Flash.

RAM:
4* Hynix H5TQ1G83TFR-H9C (512MB total) 1.5V DDR3-1333 CL9 in 2 32bit pairs (I highly doubt it runs even close to that frequency)

SoC:
AllWinner Tech A10 BC022BA 2CN1
1.0GHz ARM Cortex A8
ARM Mali 400-MP graphics (350MHz?)

PMU (Power Management Unit)
X-Powers AXP209 BB003CA 3BN1
"Enhanced single cell Li-Battery and Power System Management IC"

WLAN:
Realtek RTL8100CUS (absolutely no data on the internet, but it does do g/n fine.)

Digitizer:
FocalTech Systems FT5406EE8
ERE47LD

Screen:
BOE Panel H-B070D-12AE (16M colors, LED backlit)
Manufactured 01-12-2012 (a mere 20 days before I ordered the tablet from Newegg on 2/1/2012)

Battery:
Unknown model, P448088, 3.7V LiFe 3500mAh (13wh)

Camera:
2.0MP unknown model, no visible markings.

Other oddities:
Mini condenser microphone on mainboard, mounted underneath right next to power button.
"Mic" hole is actually a reset button, and the mic is nowhere near it.
HIDDEN recessed button between mini-HDMI and TF card slot, inaccessible without tablet disassembly.

$IMAG0054.jpg$IMAG0055.jpg$IMAG0056.jpg$IMAG0060.jpg

Last edited:

Igthorn

Jan 9, 2012
Made an update.zip style package that will install the modified 'SystemUI.apk' and add some xmls in '/system/etc/permissions'. Signed with the proper keys so it can be flashed with the stock recovery (should work fine with CWM if you installed it). I have tested it with the stock recovery (I reinstalled the stock recovery to test it).

Follow this guide for the basic steps on how to install it. Just use 'systemui-mod_perm-xml-fix-signed.zip' instead of '760TPC Micro SD firmware for 2mp camera.zip'.
http://iviewus.com/download/760tpc4gbsd.doc

Modified SystemUI.apk: removes soft keys, cell and alarm icons from the status bar
Permissions xml fix: increased market compatibility (I haven't trimmed it down to the exact hardware on 760tpc, so it is possilbe to install apps that require hardware that's not available which can cause the app to crash)

After installing you will have to wipe Market data. In Titanium Backup go to the 'Backup/Restore' tab then find 'Market x.x.x' and tap it. Select 'Wipe data'. Now open up Market and you should be able to find more than you could without the fix.

To revert to the stock 'SystemUI.apk' and default permissions xmls, follow the guide and use 'default_systemui_perm-xmls-signed.zip'.

I can only test it on the 4gb/0.3mp version, but it should work on the 8gb/2mp version. The SystemUI apks and permissions xmls are exactly the same in both version.

If you want to make your own flashable zips go here for links and a basic summary of what to do.

Attachments

• $systemui-mod_perm-xml-fix-signed.zip
    497.5 KB · Views: 285
  • $default_systemui_perm-xmls-signed.zip
    503.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

collinp

Jan 1, 2012
Installed ICS on my tablet using the link I was complaining about last night. Found a slight problem when I was trying to flash it - the flashing utility would complain about it being a invalid file. I removed all of the chinese characters from the folder name and that fixed the problem.

Overall, I like ICS more than the default Gingerbread on this tablet. Everything seems to work fine besides the camera, but I had so many different problems with the firmware update that not having a camera isn't a big drawback right now. Overall, it's working well.

smartAndr

Jul 19, 2011
Is there anyone willing to buy something which is not a famous brand? especially the electronic items.

stinkeye22

Feb 4, 2012
is it worth my while to try and exchange this thing, looks like it has a newer processor or something too?

Edit..
Even crazier, it's 4GB But my invoice now links to the 8gb version, the ad for the 4gb upgradeable has disappeared. I'm going to give the 4 to my Mom so I don't have to bother with the return and hope they will cut me some slack on the correct one.

Sent from my MB860 using Android Tablet Forum
The saga continues. NewEgg rocks, the company that put out the iview was saying the item shipped was 8gb but newegg is knocking $20 off for the mistake and this forum was part of the proof I used to prove what happened!