Anyone tried to use their android tablet with a portable projector??

Nov 11, 2010
I got my android tablet in a few days ago after I returned the random one I got off ebay.. and its been a nonstop frenzy of app downloading :D

I asked to see if a micro projector would work with an android tablet... and the consensus was yes as long as the projector has hdmi.

Question is has anyone tried it?? My aaxa tech m2 projector came a while ago but I have been hesitant to try it out. I don't want to mess anything up on either the projector or my tab.

So its more of a curiosity thing..

Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2010
I took my hesitation and threw it out the window! I couldn't resist seeing how it would look if I hook my android tab to a projector. It's not super crazy hd quality, but it's still pretty cool for what it is. I snapped a few quick pictures.

$dmsc_ 008.jpg$dmsc_ 034.jpg$dmsc_ 035.jpg

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I plugged my X5A into the projector at work. It has a HDMI connect. It worked great

Music

Feb 5, 2011
What if you don't have the HDMI port? I suppose there will be a USB adapter for video output eventually, like the Palm had. I actually saw a video presentation made with a Palm.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There is a USB to HDMI and SVGA and DVI. The problem is I have no idea if compatible with a tablet. The worst part is these converter/adapters are NOT cheap. $60 or more to as high as $140USD.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
e, you'd be better off upgrading to a better device, or buying one with HDMI in the first place.

homeyd

Feb 11, 2011
does the video out on androids only work for certain applications like the ipad? or does it duplicate what is on the tablet

Techessence

Feb 18, 2011
Hey guys, my friend showed me this post and I made a quick video on YouTube since there were only pictures in the thread earlier, hope you guys likey.

Last edited by a moderator:

SensaDroid

Jun 28, 2011
hey guys! i just picked up a transformer tablet and joined here to find tips a tricks. :) :) :)

i was searching for hooking it up to projectors and came across here... :)

i also have an aaxa M2 micro projector i was so stoked on the ease of connectivity that i spazzed out and made this little video...

Last edited by a moderator: