Apad w/ Aluminum Back, Android 2.1, Telechips TCC8902 (StyleFlying T72)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The build codes for this TCC8902 don't match those of the HSG produced Haipad M701 or X5A, so I am not entire sure if they are the same. This could be an example of the TCC8902 board being placed in an aluminum shell and sold as a new device by a different factory. Not really sure at this point.

I'm not sure where you got your firmware from. Did you attempt to flash it? It may not be designated for your device.

juched

Jul 11, 2010
Got the firmware from bbs.51szb.com, and the link back to the product it is for shows my exact device, boot screen and even version.

juched

Jul 11, 2010
Couple items to see it is this model.

1st: The LED when running is green.
2nd: the switch on the side doesn't control power, but seems to control if rotation works or not.

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
My Hiapad MID701 looks physically just like this (aluminum shell), but it has a red led on the front instead of green. I'll try to flash this rom tonight and see if it works.

codf4therq

Aug 27, 2010
I tried to flash the fw posted in post #8 tonight. It flashes fine but the device is completely dead after. LCD won't power on., lights are all inactive.

juched

Jul 11, 2010
I just flashed it on my styleflying and it worked. #210 dated sept 8th is now instaleld.

Haven

Sep 27, 2010
I seem to have the same firmware and build, if not same exact device. Perhaps mine only has 2gig memory if that, and barely works. I have to leave it off for 2 days to get any amount of uptime, and the market only seems to want to work when Im not near wifi.

Sadly, Im a total linux newb and have been impressed with my droid X and thought I would see what all is possible with android and couldn't wait for a more mainstream company to produce a decent android minitablet or slate style device. Apple has imported too many of M$ practices for me to seek to further it's empire so I am trying to swim the free ocean as it were.

Has there been any definitive answers as to what firmware/bios or whatnot will upgrade the stability and functionality of this device? I appreciate your answers.

asada

Sep 28, 2010
I HAVE put the GIVEN INSERTION ON the tablet all it has turned out it was updated all ок!!! The question there is absent a number of languages as it is possible to add languages to me thanks Russian is necessary!!!

darkblack

Sep 3, 2010
I seem to have received this device. I was wondering why does the firmware nos don't match with any firmware from the haipad 701, now I realize why :(

darkblack

Sep 3, 2010
The seller, said it had RAM of 256M, but when I run android system info, it says only 148. Is it the case with you guys as well?