app to take notes?

theinvisibleheart

May 21, 2014
what is a good app to take notes in? I'm getting a quad core Asus Memo Pad 10.

Also, what is a good stylus?

How does Asus Memo Pad 10's note taking ability differ from that of S-pen technology on Samsung Note Tab Pro 12.2?

Thanks for the education, guys!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I use Colornote but it doesn't support handwritten notes. A good stylus is whatever feels most comfortable in your hand. Something about the size of a regular pen with some weight to it is perfect.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your third question as I have neither device.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If you plan to take notes, there are quite a few fairly new apps on in the app Store that do handwriting recognition. (some not all that great but you can check them out). In that case the difference bwteen the 2 tablets may be difficult for you to notice. If your intent is to do drawing or something more complex than notes then the digitizer on the Note might be more to your liking. It's a tough call.

HungryJoe222

Nov 13, 2014
I have an Asus MeMO Pad 10, and for me the best pad to get IS "Color Note." One big reason, for me, is that it is capable of making LINKS. Very few note pads can do this. Type in an url and you will *not* find it to be clickable. Color Note's links are always blue and clickable. As for handwritten notes, the best tool I've found is SwiftKey. I am using it right now... it lets you "type" by quickly running your finger over the keyboard. No hunt and peck, just slide from one key to another. It's amazingly fast.