Apps not installing

Macguy59

Nov 24, 2010
New Tab user. Most things have gone well including finding and installing apps from the market until last night. Now whenever I select an app to install I get the usual screens and the notification that it's installing but . . . the small icon for downloading in the notification area only shows for about a second then dissappears. That would seem to indicate that it's having trouble downloading the app ? I've tried to install half a dozen apps since then with the same result. Nothing is getting installed. I've checked available storage. There is still over 1GB free on internal and over 14GB free on the SD card so that shouldn't be the issue but I'm not familair with Android yet. Any ideas ?

Macguy59

Nov 24, 2010
Nevermind. It's working now. The only thing I did differently was plug it into power. Now that I think about it, it was only after I unplugged from power that apps wouldn't install. Is this a known issue or did I overlook reading something ?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Interesting but at least you got it fixed so Thats good news

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum App

Macguy59

Nov 24, 2010
So I take it being on battery shouldn't matter ? Does the Android market have glitches like this or do you think it's a device issue ?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
If you are using Market, Is it downloading OK, or is it dropping during the download. If downloading OK, I would suggest reviewing how many apps you have installed. You may be running out of space. If it is dropping during download, it is a market configuration problem. Find an app using Google or a direct download source and put it on your MicroSD/SD card using your Mac or PC. Then reinsert the SD card and attempt installation of the app that way. If it installs, it is Market configuration.

There are ways to reset your settings. but do not want to give you those instructions unless it is a configuration issue.