Archos 10.1 deal?!

Wingless

Jan 25, 2011
Ok, I heard people getting it for $275 - $300 but can't find it under $400!! =[

Please help me find it at that price it's suppose to be at, thank you!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Have you gone to Archos store directly? https://store.archos.com/archos-internet-tablet-p-5005.html
They get them in about once or twice a week Just check every day. The same is true from what I have seen with Tiger
Direct
The real problem is they are being sold globally as fast as produced. And they do not have the capabilities of cranking out them like IPads.

Wingless

Jan 25, 2011
Ya I was there I couldn't find the price before cause of being rushed but found it thank you!! Any personal opinions on this device? I've been reading reviews and it has soooo many different opinions! Just kind of want to know your guys's :)

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
I purchased my Archos 70 at Droid Pad
Prices as reasonable as the next guy.

Prices for Archos 101:
16 GB version $349 new
DroidPad. ARCHOS 101 Internet Tablet 16GB
8 GB version $299 new
DroidPad. ARCHOS 101 Internet Tablet 8GB

Apparently they offer returned items cheaper, too.

They also sell the Kyros 10" that already has Android Gingerbread (2.3)
http://www.droidpad.com/products/36-kyros-internet-10-touchscreen-tablet.aspx

Sure the website says they are out of stock but it does offer to put your name in line to get one once it gets shipped.

I ordered my Archos 70 250 GB knowing it wouldn't be shipped for 2 weeks (that's when the website said they would be received from Archos). Once the two weeks was up, I received an email apologizing for the delay, and they offered a full refund if I didn't want to wait, or if I chose to wait they were going to give me 2 gifts (a mini-HDMI cord for the HDMI output for my Archos, and a protective case for it). I got another email a week later indicating they finally received and shipped my Tablet via FedEx. I tracked it to my doorstep!

Last edited:

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
I can't speak for the Archos 101, but remember you do get what you pay for. Archos has a solid history of making quality Portable Media Players, so expect at least the music and video playback to be top-notch. As for it being a fully tablet, well it can't compete with the Galaxy Tab, as its 256 Megs RAM really holds it back. But since I had my Motorola Droid for a while (it also had only 256 Megs RAM), it wasn't a deal breaker.

One thing that surprised me was the Graphics chip in it is a lot better than you'd think for the price of the tablet. I've run more than a few benchmarking apps and while the processing, file i/o etc.. scores are middling, the graphics are fairly top notch (not high-end, but definitely in the upper side of the pack). I've been playing Turbofly3D quite a bit and have had no performance issues at all. I would love to play some of Gameloft's games on it but I utterly DESPISE their purchasing methods (e.g. you can literally only buy something for a single device, especially since one version of the same game won't work on another device - my droid2global's HeroofSparta will NOT play on my Archos).

It takes a tiny bit of work to get the standard Google Market to work on it but its not really that hard (see the link in my sig).

You can easily make navigating the device better by installing a smoother/better home replacement.

mikeiavelli

Jan 28, 2011
Any personal opinions on this device?

You might like this archos 101 review.

Ok, I heard people getting it for $275 - $300 but can't find it under $400!!

Now that you say that, I just noticed that the price for the A101 at amazon.com is OVER the list price! ... I never saw that before. I think that $400 is pretty much a standard price nowadays, and I can't see why it would change within the next few months with the A101 being sought after so much. They sell them at a much faster pace that they can produce them.

nodumping

Mar 26, 2011
I bought a display A101 from hhgregg for $165 (included tax). It had been on display less than 24 hours, so I considered it an awesome deal. I had been going into the store off and on for over 2 months looking to talk them into selling me the display at a reduced price. One time they had a display available and told me they would sell it to me for the reduced price, but they could not that day because the item was in their sales circular for two more days. (Their policy was to keep something on sale on display.) When I went back the day after the sale ended, it had already been bought. Fortunately, I had been able to get the manager to put the price he gave me for the display in writing so I could still get it in the future. I kept going back, but it was hard to find one in stock. I finally got lucky! I love it!...especially for that price! Moral of the story, IMO, sometimes it pays to be persistent!