Archos 101 8gb apparently available

TapNClick

Oct 17, 2010
I've been checking the Archos site today and late this afternoon they updated their Archos 101 page in the Archos Store to indicate that the 8gb model is now available for purchase. The 16gb model is still grayed out in the dropdown menu which is used to select the memory size.

I hope this means the 16gb model will follow soon since that is what I pre-ordered through another site.

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
Thank you TapNClick!
Just ordered the 8GB. I wanted the 16 GB but I can't wait anymore.
And also, did anyone of you ordered from them from Canada? I used a RBC visa card and I got a total in USD. Does anyone know if RBC will automaticly convert it into CAD amount I got to pay?

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
^all purchases will convert to CDN$; and they will also add on a conversion fee, usually 3% but varies between banks and cards;

Thank you ainyul! I'll be having a better day now knowing what is going to happen to this.
just hope the archos 101 is worth the wait and trouble.

TapNClick

Oct 17, 2010
I see this morning that even the 8GB is no longer available on the Archos site. Apparently they must have received a small shipment and have sold all of them already.

I wonder if this is an indication that this is going to be a popular tablet. From what I've seen on some European sites from users who have received their units there have been no major complaints.