Archos 101 Tablet, will it get the 3.0 upgrade, or the fuul Google Market?

stevepsycho

Nov 13, 2010
although the archos has some advantages the main disadvantage of the archos is no SIM card support., no 3G ...:(

That's true but if that's the only reason its not enough. I have a G2 that's capable of high speed thethering so that's the way to go. If your thinking about using the Huaei s7 as a phone good luck that thing is huge.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
That's true but if that's the only reason its not enough. I have a G2 that's capable of high speed thethering so that's the way to go. If your thinking about using the Huaei s7 as a phone good luck that thing is huge.

not as a phone but a dedicated 3G web surfing unit; ie for family members who want to surf but r over whelmed by the laptop, netbook or...; aka an ipad for consuming data without having to hunt for a WIFI signal if away from home..

PS: BT on the rare event want to use it as a phone; but perhaps to video chat with family members far away it would work..!!

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
Anyone that already has the Archos 70 .... How many memory has it, 256Mb,512Mb or 1Gb?
Also, is the camera VGA or 1.3 M pixel? Is the quality of the camera good?
Please, let me know.... thanks

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
I just got my Archos 101 and have market place with some apps on it from there. I see this appslib icon on there and I just was looking at some of there apps. So can I go to appsl;ib on the Archos and get apps from there also plus have ones from the marketplace?

Morris

Jan 8, 2011
I just got my Archos 101 and have market place with some apps on it from there. I see this appslib icon on there and I just was looking at some of there apps. So can I go to appsl;ib on the Archos and get apps from there also plus have ones from the marketplace?

The fresh shipped archos 101 comes with Android 2.2.
On the internet you find files etc to download Android market (appslib is made by Archos itself).

The easiest way to get the whole 9 yards (Market, Maps, youtube, navigation etc.) is:

-open appslib and search for 'market'.
-Then you get an archos program, download and install it
-install the programs and reboot (installing can take a while, be patient)

Presto!

Greetz from the Netherlands