Archos 7 home tablet vs apad

Giuseppe_S

Jun 13, 2010
what are the differences in terms of web browsing, i know a lot of people said the apad is good when it works yet there are far too many horror stories that have now switched my mind to buy the Archos 7HT 8G capacity for the same price as an apad.
What i need to know is can youtube be watched on the 7HT without having to install drivers? and whats browsing the web like? is it easy to type i.e are the keys big enough for me to type fairly fast as i do visit a lot of forums.
I would to hear everyones opinions especially mutant cheese' as i need some feedback in order to finalise my decision.

Regards

Giuseppe

baohx2000

Jun 13, 2010
I got the A7HT and IMO it kind of sucks as an Android device (if you just want it as a media tablet then it's okay). If you love and know android, I'd wait for a tablet with at LEAST 2.1 on a tablet that has the ability to access the real android market. Also, find something that has a capacitive screen. I don't know what the apad has.

Frankly, all these companies spitting out android 1.5/1.6 on a tablet are going to do more harm to the android platform than good because of the continued OS fragmentation, crappy hardware (I've heard too many DOA stories regarding android tablets), and lack of support.

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
My apad died. My Archos 7HT that I got at the same time is performing wonderfully. Hope that helps you decide.

mattstakilla

Jun 13, 2010
My apad died. My Archos 7HT that I got at the same time is performing wonderfully. Hope that helps you decide.
the makers of the apad have stated that they are working on an update for it and it should be out sometime in july. the update will be android 2.1
and i'm sure the people over at slatedroid will have it hacked to run faster and smoother as they have with the other updates. just as soon as the kernel source is released