Archos 70 250GB for $279+9 shipping from Archos

DTR

Dec 18, 2010
When you add it to your cart it will show the $70 discount.

Here is my checkout screen. I opted for the overnight shipping.
archosnorthamerica12933.jpg

Last edited:

DTR

Dec 18, 2010
Ok so I think something strange is going on. I have tried it a few times after the first person said they did not see it. If I go to it from the link I posted I get nothing. But if I search for it in google and go to the store page from there and try it again it works.

Here is a screen shoot I just got now. No code entered or anything. Just added it to my cart and there is the discount. Maybe it is a glitch on their end?

archoshomepage.png

Here I can order two for $570

archos.jpg

Last edited:

DCman4ever

Nov 26, 2010
Ok so I think something strange is going on. I have tried it a few times after the first person said they did not see it. If I go to it from the link I posted I get nothing. But if I search for it in google and go to the store page from there and try it again it works.

Here is a screen shoot I just got now. No code entered or anything. Just added it to my cart and there is the discount. Maybe it is a glitch on their end?

I tested it out and you're right DTR, the discount comes from clicking the Google link. For those interested, type "archos 70" in and the proper link should be the second one, leading to the Archos store. Add the 250GB model to your cart and you'll see the discount. I want to order one but currently I have a bid on eBay and last thing I want is to be ass out paying for two tablets, heh.

EDIT: I tried to check out again but now there's no discount. Seems like this site is very finicky.

Last edited:

bigblue206

Dec 2, 2010
I tried several times and didn't get the discount so I cleared my history, cookies and the next time I tried it the discount was there. What a deal. Just ordered mine.

DCman4ever

Nov 26, 2010
I'm pissed with Archos website to be honest. I tried ordering last night and it didn't process my credit card properly. There's a pending charge and hold on my funds but nothing was confirmed by Archos. I'm waiting on hold for their customer support as I type this. I better still be able to purchase a tablet after this, since my bank told me that one transaction apparently went through and is awaiting confirmation on their end.

EDIT: I will not ever do business with Archos directly again. I advise all of you to be very careful when entering your name and address on their website because if it does not have all of the short abbreviations and the like that appears on your statement, it will decline your card as invalid. For example, if your statement says "DR" instead of "Drive" on the address line, put DR. Furthermore, the site does not allow going back to edit an address after attempting to check out. After calling Archos 4 times, with one of them resulting in a hang up, they refused to contact my creditor to explain that they will not run the transaction. Now I have $288.99 caught in limbo on my credit line and I may have to wait 30 days before that money falls off. Since these funds are in a pending area, they have yet to post to my account so I could dispute the charge. Basically, the Archos website is incredibly poor quality and their business is not that reputable. If they honored their customers they would actually work to have this issue resolved. Instead they left me high and dry. All in all I may purchase an Archos tablet elsewhere, but I will never attempt business with their webstore again.

Last edited:

edncory

Dec 28, 2010
DTR: I noticed the same, but didn't question it - I didn't want to miss the opportunity to get Archos 7 250GB for what Amazon.com was charging for the Archos 7 8GB!

bigblue206: congrats! I just received my Archos 70 250GB after ordering from the Archos website for $309.99 ($279.99 + $30 s+h) on 23 DEC.

nuketay: I don't know if Archos will offer a similar discount in the future.

DCman4ever: sorry to hear about poor service you received. FYI (I know this doesn't resolve your $ issue, but...): I contacted Archos customer service on 27 DEC to query shipment status. The rep explained that Archos servers got crushed by new owners registering, downloading updates, etc. (as a direct result of Christmas) and their ability to process new accounts, purchases, etc. has been degraded/diminished for about 3-4 days.

Off to charge for first time... not sure how long it will take... I've read 2-3 hours OR 8-10 hours (note: Archos website says 8 hours).

Last edited:

DTR

Dec 18, 2010
Got mine today. Here it is next to me 101.:cool: I have to say I am pretty bummed that I can't seem to find a way to get my phone to share its internet connection.(HTC Sapphire) No ad-hock network support, no bluetooth tethering from my phone and I could not even get the USB tethering to work.:mad: I guess I have to get a windows phone to make my android device work.:confused:

p1014390.jpg

warface

Dec 30, 2010
Which do you like better? the 101 or 70. Are either or both worth buying.

I had an Archos 605Wifi when everyone had Ipod Touches... sadly it was stolen out of my truck this year, but I loved it.

DTR

Dec 18, 2010
I do like them both. It is some give and take if I had to choose. The 70 really feels good when typing where the 101 has the really big screen. Now if I could only get the 101 to see the 250GB hard drive in the 70.