Archos 70 finally available to Australia!!

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
Encouraging News for Aussies!

As you say we just need stock. eXpansys is now telling me 21 days and the Archos England site says first half of December for 70 and second half for 101 so think Christmas if we are lucky.

Could be out of date before its delivered!

Unless it's first with Gingerbread (LOL) :)

Last edited:

pbwhi0

Nov 25, 2010
I have preordered from hotmp3gear.com which is a Canadian site listed on the Archos website. You need to change your country on the Archos website to USA then select Store>Where to Buy to view them. They are under Internet Tablet dedicated distributors section. Within the last week they have updated their 'New Products' page to show arrival date of 29 Nov 2010. I confirmed with the store that they have my preorder and also that the US$50 delivery cost would cover the two tablets I ordered. Everything is in order to hopefully I will have these shortly.

The hotmp3gear.com website is quite basic however they have been around for quite a while and other forums give them a good wrap for service and delivery.

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
I noticed HotMP3gear.com uses discount vouchers
Does anyone have a discount code??

Thanks

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Okay - MP4gear are telling they all sold out already!!! Another 2 weeks for next shipment.
B&H bhphotovideo.com do not have stock either.
These are the only 2 supplier I can find to ship to Australia.

Any recommendations on who I should choose (if I had a choice)....
and does anyone have discount codes for either of these suppliers?

Thanks in advance
PS - getting frustrated ...... thinking no archos for Xmas.....????? :(

cuzza

Nov 9, 2010
I am an Aussie too and have a preorder with B&H dating back to mid November, however I was informed by them 2 days ago they expected stock in next 10 days and did have enough to fill pre-orders so maybe they will have enough for a few more, not sure on that one, best option is to livechat with their sales guys on the site and ask they are pretty friendly and online early to mid morning our time (would be on now). Hope this helps

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Ordered from HotMP3gear.com (Computer Innovations). Scott has been really quick on the ball. The service from these guys is wonderful.

Scott says stock should be in next week. Communications have been excellent!! So I'll keep you informed..when I finally receive my Archos...

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
Cancelled my order with expanasis and ordered through Scott

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum App

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
Ordered from HotMP3gear.com (Computer Innovations). Scott has been really quick on the ball. The service from these guys is wonderful.

Scott says stock should be in next week. Communications have been excellent!! So I'll keep you informed..when I finally receive my Archos...

Babynomad, Have you got yours yet?

My tracking info says
2010/12/18 International item has left Canada
2010/12/16 Item processed at postal facility
2010/12/11 Order information received by Canada Post
so I guess its getting closer

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
RCE

Mine says:

2010/12/18 12:35 International item has left Canada
Track History
2010/12/16 20:34 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2010/12/11 09:12 BURLINGTON Order information received by Canada Post

Now I just hope it doesn't stay in customs forever......(4 days to get here before Xmas) fingers crossed...

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
Our tracking details are identical - no update to mine last night so I suspect Christmas delivery is unlikely especially with all the freight concerns at the moment.

I played with a Telsta T-tab and a Galaxy Tab yesterday for an hour or so at the Telstra Shop, the Galaxy is much much nicer to use so I hope the Archos is similar in touch to the Galaxy. We must really want these Archos machines to wait so long I hope they are worth it. Oh well we just have to wait.......and wait

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Yes, I agree!!! I hope the wait is worth it... I have been using the Telstra touch for the last month now. My daughter couldn't wait, so she bought one of these. It is actually not too bad. The screen is quite responsive, it loads most programs. A little slow, and the memory didn't take long to fill up. She can't load any more games or apps. Maybe with 2.2, she will be able to use the micro sd for apps, but in the meantime, that is her major bug bear.
I nearly bought one as well, except the day I was going to buy it, the archos arrived in stock. Had I have know it was not even going to ship for another 5 days, I probably would not have waited.

cuzza

Nov 9, 2010
why the Telstra one, I was undder the impression that the Optus MYTab was much better (and $20 cheaper). Just curious when people buy items what drives their decision, not trying to abuse or stary a fight.

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
why the Telstra one, I was undder the impression that the Optus MYTab was much better (and $20 cheaper). Just curious when people buy items what drives their decision, not trying to abuse or stary a fight.

I will go check it out! Hadn't heard of it before.

Here is a review http://www.cnet.com.au/optus-my-tab-339307123.htm

Same price as Archos :)
(in US if you ignore freight and exchange) and you can buy it in BigW
http://************/2010/12/16/optus-7-my-tab-prepaid-tablet-now-available-from-bigw/

Last edited:

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
RCE

Mine says:

Track History
2010/12/16 20:34 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2010/12/11 09:12 BURLINGTON Order information received by Canada Post

Now I just hope it doesn't stay in customs forever......(4 days to get here before Xmas) fingers crossed...

my latest update

2010/12/22 International item released from Customs to Foreign Postal Administration

Looks like Australia Post have my tablet for Christmas