ARchos 70 IT - Auto reboot often on it's own when its on idle

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Does anyone have issues with their Archos 70 IT - 250gig tablet where the tablet just reboots on its own.. I notice it rebooting on its own if its just on idle like 2-3 times a day. The only thing i've done to it was installing the Google market as far as the od normal. I was wondering if other people wth a stock Archos is having the same issues.

Also the 2.2 update i have was the OTA from Archos i did not install no manual firmware it was updated from the OTA. I'm running the build 2.0.71 Froyo 2.2.1.

findusBS

Jan 6, 2011
I have the same issue with my Archos 70 IT (8GB).

In addition it often shuts down in the night and has to be booted (cold start) in the morning.

In addition the display sometimes stays dark when I press the on/off button, and I have to force a shutdown by pressing the on/off button a time of about 8 seconds.

The last issue I have is that the tablet sometimes does not want to wake up if the battery load is less than 50%. I press the on/off button, the green LED flashes shortly but does not stay lightened. Sometimes the tablet starts after a few tries, sometimes I have to connect the power charger and then it goes.

Besides these issues I love my Archos.
Has s.o. any helpful advice?

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
I have the same issue with my Archos 70 IT (8GB).

In addition it often shuts down in the night and has to be booted (cold start) in the morning.

In addition the display sometimes stays dark when I press the on/off button, and I have to force a shutdown by pressing the on/off button a time of about 8 seconds.

The last issue I have is that the tablet sometimes does not want to wake up if the battery load is less than 50%. I press the on/off button, the green LED flashes shortly but does not stay lightened. Sometimes the tablet starts after a few tries, sometimes I have to connect the power charger and then it goes.

Besides these issues I love my Archos.
Has s.o. any helpful advice?

Well I did a factory reset and re did market tweak and its only been about 18 hrs but seemed to have solved my issues which were the ones you listed above too
..ill believe it when I got one or 2 full days ...ill report back.

findusBS

Jan 6, 2011
Well I did a factory reset and re did market tweak and its only been about 18 hrs but seemed to have solved my issues which were the ones you listed above too
..ill believe it when I got one or 2 full days ...ill report back.
Thanks for your answer.
Two weeks ago I did a formatting and re-install of the firmware (2.0.71). Since then I find more apps in the market and can even save protected apps with AppMonster Pro (what does not work at my HTC Desire). But the described issues are still the same.
For point 2.: Maybe the Archos switches totally off automatically after some idle time.

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
I just did the normal reset where it kept my 2.2.1 (froyo) firmware, but the state it was before any applications were installed just like when you turned it on for the first time where you had to go through the first time boot wizard....

Also I notice that i could not find a lot of apps either on the Google market, now after re-installing and following the steps again i can find all my paid apps not just some that i had purchased on my Droid X.

Also it hasn't been a full day yet, but i havent had issues or slowness or freezing or screen not turning on and reboots so far... "Knock on wood". I think it might had something to do with the gAppsinstaller and the way i performed the steps. I would recommend trying again and on the xda forums where these steps are located there is a link for an youtube video of a guy doing it step by step and that's what i followed and had no issue...

FYI make sure you download the gAppsinstaller.apk "STABLE" version which is the middle file..... GOOD LUCK!

MennoW

Jan 12, 2011
Same problem here .... Archos 70 / 250GB reboots automatically while idle .... Mine is reinstalled with latest 2.0.71 firmware from scratch, plus Market hack from gAppsInstaller - Froyo - xda-developers
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this? Thanks!
PS: I have reported this to Archos support also - please do the same if you have this problem.

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Yeah I still get reboots only at idle not often but does happen. I will report as well.