Archos 8 Gen Android Tablets

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009

Archos apparently is planning on rolling out its Generation 8 tablets come this summer, with six models ranging from 3- to 10-inch screens. Along with prices ranging from $100-$350 Archos is bringing the power of the internet to your hands without draining your pockets. What stands out about this tablet is that it'll have mulitouch which will be a first for Archos. Generation 8 will also be packing an ARM Cortex processor between 800MHz and 1GHz with a 3G open GL support. Said to be running Android, swapping out AppLibs for the Android Market. Hopefully there will be more talk about this tablet at Computex in June. [archoslounge via slashgear]

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
At this moment, only the 32 is available. These are available from the usual suspects. The others 70,101,48 are scheduled in October, but I have my doubts before November 1. I am hopeful I will be wrong as I have pre-ordered a 101.

cpg716

Jul 23, 2010
At this moment, only the 32 is available. These are available from the usual suspects. The others 70,101,48 are scheduled in October, but I have my doubts before November 1. I am hopeful I will be wrong as I have pre-ordered a 101.

Just at CTIA last week it was said still Oct. 17th, but still nothing direct from Acrhos. They didn't really announce ahead of time on the 32 though either, it was just kinda of available lol.

CPG

Oct 18, 2010
Do these Gen8 tablets not have GPS? These sound awsome, but was really hoping to get a 10" one with GPS too like the Archos 5 has.

Kahoolie

Oct 21, 2010
The specs on Archos web site do not call out a GPS. See the home page for shipping news.