Are you naked?

How naked are you?

• Sportin' my birthday suit - I like it the natural way!

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Gotta have a screen protector for a screen this large, but no bulky case for me!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Who needs a screen protector when your case can protect it?

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Protect that body & screen both! Who knows when you're going to drop it or get sand rubbing on it!

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I have a whole house Maurice...but thanks for caring about my lodging needs! ;)

ha nice come back :)

Didnt I read somewhere that the Nook as GorillaGlass? If so, I probably wont use a screen protector. GorillaGlass is some pretty awesome stuff. Its what is on the X and it has stood up to a fair amount of abuse, without even the slightest hairline scratch. (knock on wood!)

Yea that is what many though at first, turns out its not gorilla glass but it is glass. So although not bulletproof, all glass is relatively scratch resistant. ...unless you drop it on something very hard and sharp, which if that's the case, you probably have bigger problems than your glass.

I've never had a screen protector on any of my phone since they started using glass and like you, never had a scratch. The biggest issues with glass is it can crack and/or shatter from a big impact, which a screen protector won't help against.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Mine screen is scratched somehow. Probably because I used my shirt to wipe finger prints off:cool:. So that is why I have a screen protector now.

Jaxidian

Jan 7, 2011
Hey Jaxidian!! Nice to see a familiar name here from the droidxforums. I just jumped on this bandwagon as well, and should have mine tomorrow.

And even more a coincidence, I see your are from Indy! I'm in Muncie currently, but in Carmel all the time.

Heya! Live in Noblesville, work and do everything else in Indy near Broad Ripple. Possibly moving there within the next year. :)

Jaxidian

Jan 7, 2011
So after reading all of this and doing some research, this is what I'm thinking...

1. I THINK I don't want a case for my NC, at least not one for it to be in 24/7. I do, however, want one to travel with so I can just toss it in a bag or on the back seat and not worry about it sliding onto the floor or being scratched up. Considering this one but not sure yet.
  2. The vinyl skins look like they'll provide some decent protection from scratches on the body. Also look like they'll provide a nice "sticky" feel to make it easier to hold. Considering this one but not really leaning towards it yet. Still got more research to do on this.
  3. I think I definitely want a screen protector to prevent scratching (I will be wiping it off with my shirt a LOT). I am VERY happy with my Steinheil on my Droid X but apparently they don't make one for the NC. I've seen the various reports here in these boards (that were actually summed up very well in this thread by you all), but do you guys know of a good place to hear from more people? Unfortunately, the number of people commenting on them is fairly small here and would like to get a concensus by a larger group of people. Would LOVE to have a discussion as deep as this one on a couple of my options, but I'm sure I won't get that lucky.

Am DEFINITELY open to more thoughts from everybody on these things. :)

Jaxidian

Jan 7, 2011
Voted for "Who needs a screen protector when your case can protect it?" but that is not exactly how I feel about the situation. I feel there is no need for a screen protector since the screen is glass but I love using a case to not only protect the rest of the NC (excluding the glass) but to carry extra accessories, cables, sd cards.

Love the poll btw.

What case do you use? (I'm too lazy to search for it, sorry!)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I just use the regular screen protector offered by B&N (not the anti-glare). It comes with 2 in the pack plus a cleaning cloth and seems about the same quality as invishield to me. Awesome for just wiping the screen with any hady fabric (shirt, jeans, napkin) but does slightly change the feel compared to pure glass. I am use to it though so plain glass just feels slippery to me.

nonnef

Feb 12, 2011
I picked up my NC a few weeks back when Best Buy was offering a free case. So I managed to snag the Industrial Easel Cover. I admit though the only reason I got it was because it was 50$ and I was getting it for free. I can't honestly imagine it being worth that much, and now that I've had it awhile I wish I'd gotten a different one, but it works great at protecting the NC when I'm not using it. I've got my eye on the rooCase now, seems more in line with how I use my NC.
I also have a screen protector I ordered from Amazon, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Just want to have a good grasp of a before and after once I do, in case it changes anything for me.

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
IMHO here is the best screen protector. I use it on all my devices. Goes on smooth and is the ultimate in sensitivity and protection. Doesn't show fingerprints and it's so clear you can't even tell you have a protector on the screen. I highly recommend.

barnesnnoble_nookcolor_cleartouch_cc_lg.jpg

Barnes & Noble NOOKcolor ClearTouch Crystal - Glass-like clarity NOOKcolor screen protector and enhancement

torres546

Feb 5, 2011
I have a skin from decalgirl.com on my NC, along with a case from b&n (one of the $30 cases that make it like a book), a screen protector, and a sleeve case I put the NC into when I travel outside of the house.

Just a little overboard there.

Sent from my nc using Android Tablet Forum App

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011