Asus MeMO Pad USB Debug Driver

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
Hi All -
I am doing some beta testing for an aviation GPS software company. The FAA Sectional Charts take up around 8GB of memory so I bought a 16GB SD card to supplement my internal 16GB memory. My tablet is an ASUS 7" Memo Pad 176 CX. Upon boot up the tablet recognizes the present of the SD card and I can see files in the card in File Manager. I have requested the company's software engineer to include in the app a way to transfer the chart data from internal memory to the SD card. He has programed this feather into other Android tablets but is having trouble with this particular model. I sent him my Memo Pad so that he would have an actual 176 CX to work with. After a day or so of working with my tablet he says that he is "unable to debug code on this device; it doesn’t seem to be compatible with the USB debug driver." He is trying to find some answers on the net. I thought I'd ask you guys. So, how about it? Does anybody here know how to make the USB debug driver work with the 176 CX? Or, even better, can anybody tell this software engineer how to program data transfer for the 176 CX? Thanks! - Jim Williams

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I would think debug mode should work. He may be having an issue with the Zen UI, which is specific to some of ASUS's newer tablets or it could be because that tablet uses an x86 processor rather than an ARM processor. It's possible someone on our ASUS forum could provide more info, here Asus Eee Pad Transformer Forum

Wish I could be more help.

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
Thank you, Leeshor. I just got an email from the software engineer and he says that he has found the solution. He said that he figured it out without the debug code tool. Thank you again, Leeshor. I have asked a lot of questions on this forum and you have answered most of them. I think this is the first time I stumped you! I'm sure that you are very much appreciated by all. - Jim Williams