Asus Transformer TF701 Locks During Startup

pkertw

Jul 15, 2014
I have an Android tablet that is locking up during startup. I reach a screen that looks like this:
$IMG_20140625_185506.jpg
With that circle moving. I have tried doing a hard factory reset, but that does not help. I still get stuck at the same screen.

Any advice on this? Will reinstalling the OS from an SD card fix the problem? Can this even be done?

If I am not in the right place, any advice on where to go would help.

Thanks

Adam

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Adam

Try this. You probaby need to pay close attention to the section on 4.2

Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top left of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task, try again until you have seen the 2 icons, (if you have Jelly Bean there will be 4 icons, the left most being RCK, which is correct), in the screen.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected. If you are using JB there will be 4 icons, disregard the 2-4 icons unless instructed and the 1st icon (RCK) will be flashing..

This applies to all TF models, however, if your Prime or Infinity are locked up, there is a reset available using the hole just below the SD Card slot, this is NOT the same as a hard reset.

If your TF is on 4.2 press vol down key to choose the middle Android icon & once you do that press the vol up key, that will start the cold boot process.

A cold boot [AKA hard reset] does not delete any data.

Tiger38670

Jun 27, 2015
I tried this on my ASUS tf300 but it still gets stuck on the boot up screen. Any other suggestions?

Welcome to the forum Adam

Try this. You probaby need to pay close attention to the section on 4.2

Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top left of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task, try again until you have seen the 2 icons, (if you have Jelly Bean there will be 4 icons, the left most being RCK, which is correct), in the screen.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected. If you are using JB there will be 4 icons, disregard the 2-4 icons unless instructed and the 1st icon (RCK) will be flashing..

This applies to all TF models, however, if your Prime or Infinity are locked up, there is a reset available using the hole just below the SD Card slot, this is NOT the same as a hard reset.

If your TF is on 4.2 press vol down key to choose the middle Android icon & once you do that press the vol up key, that will start the cold boot process.

A cold boot [AKA hard reset] does not delete any data.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Go to the ASUS WEB site, find the firmware for the TF300. Format a microSD card FAT32 and extract the ZIP files once to the root of the SD card, insert card..