Battery life mid 7022

eruby

May 17, 2011
Has anybody noticed better battery performance since they renamed the files? Also, is there ANY way to stop apps from auto starting. I can go into task manager and kill all apps and in 30 seconds, 5 more start. There is no reason to have these apps running unless I want them running. It used memory and I'm sure battery. I would like to set this up so the only apps running are the ones I'm using.

delsolboyz

Jul 4, 2011
Has anybody noticed better battery performance since they renamed the files? Also, is there ANY way to stop apps from auto starting. I can go into task manager and kill all apps and in 30 seconds, 5 more start. There is no reason to have these apps running unless I want them running. It used memory and I'm sure battery. I would like to set this up so the only apps running are the ones I'm using.
If you have titanium backup. You can freeze apps from running in the background. Its a handy tool if you want to keep the apps but just want to stop it from running.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
If u got Live Wallpaper running switch to a normal wallpaper. I also use Ultimate Juice Defender which helps allot with mananging connectivity when not using internet and also stops programs i dont need, the free one is good too. Im currently testing an app called JuicePlotter which u can check out if u want. Also full charge ur tablet and use it with the internet connected until it completrly dies and shut down, do this for about 2 days to manually recall the battery. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

Last edited:

jimcpl

Aug 10, 2011
Got the phone.apk and telephony.apk from /system/app/ renamed to 'old' last night. After reboting and charging, cell time no longer shows up in battery status. I doubt if it has much effect on battery life, but it looksbetter. I. Used root explorer to rename them.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Hi,

I don't know if this'll be a problem for others, but it was for me. When I first tried renaming these files, I renamed Phone.apk first. I immediately started getting FCs, which made things impossible.

So, I adb'ed into the MID7022 (while still getting the FCs), and renamed Phone.old back to Phone.apk, which stopped the FCs.

I then renamed /system/app/TelephonyProvider.apk to /system/app/TelephonyProvider.old, and didn't get any FCs.

So, I THEN renamed Phone.apk to Phone.old, and still no FCs.

I then rebooted.

So, at least for me, I had to rename TelephonyProvider.apk FIRST...

Jim